Henry L. Stimson Center – Research Assistant, Regional Voices/Transnational Challenges – apply by Mar. 25
If you scroll down to Saturday’s Maryland-centric offerings, you’ll note that we unearthed two high-profile CSX Corp. jobs with fast-approaching deadlines. We repeat them here, so you don't miss:
- Director of Public Affairs – Baltimore – apply by Mar. 24
- Director of Federal Affairs – Washington, DC – apply by Mar. 24
- search here, if direct links not cooperative
DHS/Citizenship & Immigration Services – Policy Analyst – $86k-$133k – job ID CIS-PJN-MP-244588-OPP – Mar. 24
IAP Worldwide – Health Policy & Legislative Analysis Professional – Mar. 24
Congressional Research Service:
- Technical Writer/Editor – $73k-$95k – job ID 090043 – Mar. 25
- Assistant Director & Senior Specialist – $144k-$162k – job ID 090015 – Mar. 26
United Nations Foundation – Communications Director, Better World Campaign – Mar. 26
National Institutes of Health – Public Affairs Specialist – $86k-$133k – job ID HHS/NIH-2009-1725 – Mar. 27
Brookings Institution – Research Assistant, Governance Studies – high $30k – Mar. 27
Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service – Assistant Deputy Administrator – $102k-$153k – job ID 28LP-2009-0008 – Mar. 27
Dept. of Transportation – Communications & Outreach Specialist – $102k-$133k – job ID FHWA.JPO-2009-0003 – Mar. 27
GCI – Vice President, Corporate Responsibility – Mar. 30
The Federal Election Commission – Public Affairs Specialist – $50k-$95k – job ID 09-014 – Mar. 30
Acquisition Solutions is in acquisition mode for a Marketing Communications Specialist to be responsible for trade show and event planning as well as coordinating development of communications tools used to market to Federal Government clients.
St. Joseph Medical Center in Towson, Md., wants to hire a Marketing Strategist (search req ID 0900002655) to act as a marketing liaison between key constituents in the hospital (specifically their Centers of Excellence and ad agency) and assist in strategic development, marketing and advertising for the external market. Management of web site and media relations is part of the portfolio, as well.
The Nature Conservancy shows multiple positions available:
- Research Director, International Forest Carbon Policy – search job ID 10962, apply by Mar. 30
- Carbon Standards Advisor – job ID 10961, apply by Apr. 3
- Media Relations Manager, Strategic Communications – job ID 10987
- Associate Director, Strategic Communications – job ID 10986
Two recent offerings from BAE Systems (search here if direct links fail):
- Manager of Communications (search job number 10019807 or California, Md. location). Extensive list of duties includes marketing communications, internal communications, community outreach, and media relations. Ability to get Secret-level clearance, and experience interfacing with US Navy deemed essential.
- Director, Digital Strategic Communications (10019689, Rockville, Md). Winning hire will lead digital and interactive electronic media efforts and provide expertise, guidance and creative direction to develop and evolve communications ideas across the business.
O’Keefe & Company seek recent college graduates for Public Relations Assistant positions. Degree in marketing, PR, or communications desired, along with writing skills, winning personality, and other solid personal attributes.
URS Corp. is also in search of communications, journalism, marketing or PR degree holders – and they also want 1-3 years of copywriting/journalism, editing and publication development experience – for their Public Relations Specialist position. Understanding of U.S. Navy processes/procedures/chain of command helpful. Search here, using req. # EGG35985, if other link stalls out.
Natural Resouces Defense Council:
- Legislative Intern – duties: tracking legislation, distributing materials to congressional staff, conducting research, attending briefings and hearings, and more.
- Water Program Intern – will assist with the release of Testing the Waters report, providing nationwide information and policy recommendations on beachwater quality.
- Nuclear Intern – my guess is that NRDC plans to irradiate one lucky young candidate to see if he/she gains freakish superpowers. I've been wrong about this kind of thing in the past, however.
The Association of Public Television Stations notes a number of Intern opportunities in their legislative, communications, and member services departments. Crystal City (Arlington, Va.) location.
Our job-searcher's tool du jour come from our friends across the Atlantic - US (and international) opportunities via the UK's Public Affairs Links.