Note: we are taking off Tuesday, and will be back with more listings on Wednesday, Sept. 30.
Now, previously-found opportunities closing this week:
World Bank – Senior Communications Officer – Sept. 28
College Savings Plan of Maryland – Public Affairs Officer – Baltimore, MD – Sept. 28
Association of Public Television Stations – Research Assistant – Sept. 28
Food & Drug Administration – Congressional Affairs Assistant – $33k-$53k – job ID PH-RM-277966-COMP/MP – Sept. 29
Library of Congress/Congressional Research Service:
- Analyst in Health Care Financing & Insurance – $102k-$133k – job ID 090201 – apply by Sept. 29
- Specialist in Legislative Information Systems Management - $102k-$133k – job ID 090206 – apply by Sept. 29
- Analyst in Health Care Financing & Insurance – $60k-$79k – job ID 090203 – apply by Oct. 1
Special Olympics International – Chief Marketing Development Officer – via Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group – Sept. 30
- Coordinator, Center on the US & Europe – mid-upper $30k – Sept. 30
- Research Director, Engleberg Center for Healthcare Reform – Sept. 30
J Street – National Field Director – Sept. 30
World Society for the Protection of Animals – Programs Manager – Boston, MA – Sept. 30
Kollmorgen/Danaher – North American Marketing Communications Manager – Radford, Va. – Oct. 1
State Department – Legislative Analyst – $73k-$95k – job ID H-2009-0016 – Oct. 2
Dept. of Energy – Program Support Assistant – $41k-$53k – job ID HQ-09-DE-28-EE9-0431 – Oct. 2
Bread for the World:
- Senior Foreign Assistance Policy Analyst – apply by Oct. 2
- Managing Editor, Communications – apply by Oct. 2
Archdiocese of Washington – Director of Government Relations (search professional/admin) – Oct. 3
The DC Primary Care Association – with the help of Slesinger Management – is recruiting a Chief of Policy & Programs (pdf). Knowledge of DC government and politics is essential.
The Institute for Justice is seeking a Communications Coordinator with experience in pitching media, placing op-eds, and producing press releases. Commitment to free market philosophy a must. Arlington location – apply by Nov. 2. IFJ is also recruiting a Tempe, AZ-based Constitutional Litigator/Staff Attorney. Both searches are being conducted by Talent Market.
The Council on Foreign Relations is casting about for a New York-based Copy Editor for their CFR.org website – low $40k salary offered.
Ketchum PR has multiple Intern opportunities for the Spring term. A Nov. 1 application deadline is noted, but we suggest not waiting around until the last minute.
Volunteer Program Assistant – is this a volunteer opportunity, or a paid position working with volunteers? We think (and hope, for your sake) that it’s the latter. The South Africa-Washington Internship program is giving you until Oct. 2 to figure it out and apply.
United States Pharmacopeia – Senior Web Copywriter – it’s in Rockville, MD
American Society of Interior Designers – Associate Director, Government & Public Affairs
Council on Foundations:
- Managing Director, Global Philanthropy – apply by Oct. 16
- Constituency Services Manager – apply by Oct. 16
- Account Supervisor/Managing Director with their new consumer-tech cousin, High Road Communications, in San Francisco
- Senior Coordinator – Chicago
- Multiple new health-care and medical education-oriented opportunities in the London office – Account Director/Associate Director – Account Exec/SAE – Senior Account Exec – Account Exec – Senior Account Exec – Senior Medical Writer
- A job-search page for all the Omnicon Companies in the US – as well as a listing (pdf) and database of their many US & international firms/affiliates. We’ll definitely be coming back to these treasure troves to find more opportunities for you in the future.
- And, just 9 years after Mel Gibson cracked the code, the FH gang has figured out what women want.
Latest opportunities with Management Sciences for Health:
Mead Westvaco is in search of a Global Marketing Development Director for their new Natralock packaging solution. Glen Allen, Va. location.
Citizens United for Responsibility & Ethics in Washington in search of an experienced (and, presumably, ethical) Communications Director. Apply by Sept. 30 – or by Oct. 6, according to these guys. Law student & undergrad interns also welcome.
McKenna, Long & Aldridge is looking for a Communications Manager with 5+ years experience in corporate or political communications/marketing. Knowledge of DC and Atlanta media markets a plus.
United States Senate - Executive Assistant - Office of the Senate Curator - $39k-$61k - job ID EA1A92009 - apply by Oct. 8
Here's a LinkedIn advert for a Product Manager, Media Communications Manager with SNL Financial in Charlottesville, Va. More of a business development job a public affairs opportunity, but we think the skill set might apply to some of our viewership.
Manassas-located? Admin-capable? Drug test-passable? Your answer may be Cableview Communications - Office Manager