Dept. of Interior/U.S. Geological Survey – Congressional & Legislative Specialist – $50k-$65k – job ID: HQ-2010-0027 – Nov. 30
National Migrant & Head Start Association – Executive Director – Nov. 30
Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership – Director of Policy Initiatives & Communications – Nov. 30
Coldstream-Homestead-Montebello Community Corporation – Community Organizer – $30k-$40k – Baltimore, MD – Nov. 30
Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum – Director of Advancement – St. Michaels, MD – Nov. 30
Congressional Budget Office – Senior Web Content Editor/Designer – $75k-$130k – job ID 09-52 – Nov. 30
Open Society Initiative – Admin Associate, Facilities Management – New York – Nov. 30
National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies:
Nature Conservancy – search by job# or scroll back:
- Government Relations Assistant ( 11515) – $13-$15/hr. – Minneapolis, MN – Nov. 30
- Speechwriter/Senior Writer (11532) – Dec. 4
- Admin Assistant, University Relations – $30k-$36k – Dec. 1
- Admin Assistant for the Earth System Science Interdisciplinary Center – $28k-$34k – Dec. 1
Washington Metropolitan Transit Authority – Public Relations Officer – $73k-$110k – Dec. 2
Federal Housing Finance Agency – Principal Legislative Analyst – $117k-$221k – job ID: OPAR-10-02B – Dec. 3
Library of Congress – Materials Handler (just what it sounds like) – $19-$22/hr. – job ID: 090222 – Dec. 4
Bright Beginnings, Inc. – Director of Development & Communications – Dec. 4
Environmental Law Institute:
- 2010-2011 Public Environmental Interest Law Fellowship – $35k stipend – Dec. 4
- National Wetlands Newsletter Sales Associate – part-time & temporary position – Dec. 4
George Mason University – Development Assistant (search position 01412z) – $30k-$64k – Dec. 4
- Program Coordinator – to support USAID-funded Peace Through Development project in Chad & Niger (where they'll be sending you) – fluency in French required – Dec. 4
- Country Director, Nepal – Kathmandu – fluency in Nepali required – Dec. 5
ICOR Partners is in search mode for a Communications Strategy Analyst to develop and deliver communications strategies, plans, and tools for senior-level clients. At least three years relevant experience, top writing/presentation skills plus proven analysis and problem-solving skill set are desired
NASA – Legislative Affairs Specialist – $120k-$153k – job ID: HQ10B0023 – apply by Dec. 8
- Vice President, Government Relations – Virginia Beach, Va.
- Copywriter – Virginia Beach, Va.
- Web Content Manager – Virginia Beach, Va.
- Vice President, Government Relations – New York
- Vice President, Government Relations – somewhere in Nevada
This Education Coordinator listing is a little outside our usual area of concentration around here – but we can’t pass up the chance to marvel at the specific focus of a group like the Interlocking Concrete Paving Institute. And, while we’re at it, we (and they) want you to learn A Brief History on Segmental Concrete Paving.
Accounting/consulting behemoth Accenture is looking for more talent of the State Government Affairs Specialist variety. Your strong legislative research and legislative tracking experience will be particularly valued.
A handful of GR opportunities – near and far – with GE can be found by searching the nicely-specific government relations and affairs function segment, or using the job number noted:
- Government Relations Leader (1042222)
- Counsel, Government Affairs (1080514)
- Executive Counsel, Government Relations/Aviation (1115833) – London, UK
- Government Policy Leader, GE Energy Infrastructure (1117449) – Sao Paulo, Brazil
Of recent (or recently-reposted) vintage with the DC outpost of Koch Industries:
- Admin Assistant – Public Affairs office
- Communications Specialist
- Director, Regulatory & Environmental Affairs
- Director, Federal Affairs/Tax
- Director, Federal Affairs/Trading
We wish you the best of luck (really!) with your application for the Director of Development slot with Honolulu’s Grassroot Institute. The crew at Talent Market assists with the search.
The latest from the American Medical Association: Public Information Officer. Also available: multiple Chicago-based opportunities.
The National Apartment Association seeks Manager, Online Communications to perform spam filter tests – and several more interesting taskings, too.
Unknown Rockville-located non-profit disability association is seeking a part-time Policy Associate to develop policy statements provide legislative analysis on issues related to disability and health for children and adults with disabilities. Also wanted: part-time Research Associate.
Council for the National Interest – advocates of Middle East policies that serve the American national interest – Communications/Admin Intern
The HJW Foundation seeks resumes for Program Manager position by Dec. 11. Advanced degree required; Public Policy or Law degrees strongly preferred, along with philanthropic/non-profit experience.
Help keep Virginia beautiful as Executive Director of – you guessed it – Keep Virginia Beautiful. Located in historic and occasionally-beautiful Richmond, Va.
Washington Hospital Center – Vice President, Marketing & Communications – advanced degree and significant marketing/communications experience required
The Pharmacy Technician Certification Board, with the help of the American Pharmacists Association, has put out the call for a Manager, Communications of the energetic and a self-starting variety.
Washington Area Bicyclist Association:
- DC Bicycle Ambassador – $30k-$35k – Spanish a plus
- Events Assistant – $33k-$36k
- Bicycle Parking Intern – Mar-June 2010
- Marketing & Communications Intern (pdf)
- Membership Services Intern
To kick off this week’s job-search resources, we give you the Foreign Policy Association job board, featuring plenty of Washington-area opportunities, including internships.