National Building Museum – Marketing & Communications Associate – Nov. 9
DHS/Customs & Border Patrol – Public Information Specialist – $60k-$79k – job ID IHC-291819 JEB PN – Nov. 9
Internal Revenue Service – Public Affairs Specialist - $102k-$133k – job ID 10WA2-CLX018-1035-14NM – Nov. 9
Boeing – Communications Manager – Huntington Beach, CA – apply by Nov. 9
- Congressional Affairs Specialist – $86k-$113k – job ID CAO-2010-0003 – Nov. 9
- Congressional Liaison Assistant – $41k-$53k – job ID CAO-2010-0004 – Nov. 13
Strayer University – Production Artist, Northern Virginia (scroll down to find) – graphic/web design – Nov. 11
United Nations Population Fund – Admin Assistant – French and/or Spanish language skills highly desirable – New York – Nov. 11
- Africa Research Fellow – for the Africa Growth Initiative program – PhD in economics, social science, or related areas required – Nov. 11
- Research Assistant, Engelberg Center for Healthcare Reform – Nov. 15
- Research Assistant, Economic Studies/Engelberg Center – Nov. 15
- Executive Assistant, Office of the VP, CFO & Treasurer – Nov. 15
Food & Drug Administration – Writer/Editor – $10k-$133k – job ID PH-JD-290471-Comp/MP – Nov. 13
Open Society Initiative – Admin Assistant, Public Health Program – New York – Nov. 13
Kauffman & Associates – Director of Communications (pdf) – Nov. 15
ACLU of Alaska Foundation – Development Director – Anchorage, AK – Nov. 15
- Senior Economist – Human Development Network – advanced degree in economics, health economics, or development economics required – Nov. 15
- Communications Associate – Brussels, Belgium – Nov. 15
Corporate Voices for Working Families is seeking a Communications Coordinator (pdf) for a variety of writing, research, and organizational duties. Two years related communications experience with a non-profit or other advocacy group is desired. Additional program management opportunities are also available.
The Human Rights Campaign has a fresh call for an Online Marketing and Editorial Specialist – among the requirements for the post: 2-4 years of experience working on a non-profit or corporate website; experience with content management systems such as Red Dot, Drupal or WordPress; and functional knowledge of HTML/CSS. Fundraising and Field Director/Organizer positions also listed.
Now that the harvest is in, the National Farmers Union turns their attention hiring a Director of Communications (pdf). Candidates with agricultural policy and trade association experience strongly preferred. We understand their search for a Government Relations Representative (pdf) remains active, as well.
mCapitol Management – a division of the important-sounding MWH Global empire – is looking for the Senior Vice President, Government Relations (search req ID 867BR or DC location) to be responsible for finding/maintaining clients for their growing government relations and lobby practice. And we can attest to the growing part of the equation, as we’ve featured a few other positions for them in the past year.
The Public Relations Senior Manager for Deloitte will work closely with trade and business media to build eminence in support of the business. Whatever that means exactly, we suspect you could do it – if you have the requisite mix of PR firm and federal government/public sector experience they covet.
Remember those Are you gellin’? (sample reply: like a felon) Dr. Scholl's commercials from a year or two back? We think (hope, pray) they’ve been off the air long enough that you can now safely apply for the Senior Government Relations Specialist slot with the Bank of New York Mellon without your idiot friends rhyming your new employer to popular shoe inserts.
Your experience related to cause marketing, fundraising, and/or communications for mission-driven organizations – along with background in international development, women’s or children’s human rights, or global health – earns you consideration for Director, Girl Campaign with the primo-benefit-package-bestowing crew at the United Nations Foundation. Apply by Nov. 12.
The Grassroots Business Fund is a nonprofit with a busy-sounding mission to build and support high-impact intermediary business organizations that provide sustainable economic opportunities to thousands of people at the base of the economic pyramid. Join the team via:
- Communications and Program Intern opportunities
- Operations/Metrics Assistant (scroll down) – apply by Nov. 15
The American Cancer Society would like to hear from candidates with PhD/Masters in public policy, health policy or similar advanced degree – along with eight years related experience – for their Associate Director of Policy, Prevention & Wellness post.
zcomm pr seeks those with the elusive z-factor for:
- Radio Promotions Specialist
- Digital Media Specialist/Graphic Designer
- Interns for all seasons – knowledge in Cision, BIA, and experience with audio editing a major plus
Waldron & Company is helping the Seattle-based anti-poverty Initiative for Global Development find a Vice President for Development with a minimum of five to seven years of major gift fundraising.
And, while we’re in the neighborhood, Seattle’s (nascent, soon-in-showrooms, fledgling, here-we-come-world) electric car crew EcoCruse is looking for a Grant Writer to help open up the Federal cash tap. Put us on the waiting list for a Cruzer Sport CL1.
The latest from your buddies at the Brookings Institution:
- Research Director, Engelberg Center for Healthcare Reform – PhD in econ, health policy, or related field; 5-10 years research/policy experience in government, a research organization, or a university preferred – apply by Nov. 20
- Senior Fellow, Economic Studies – PhD in economics and at least 5 years of post-doctoral research or policy-related experience sought – apply by Dec. 31.
Powell Tate is looking for a Senior Communications Specialist, Health Policy – minimum of 12 years work experience in PR firm/Hill environment and relevant health policy communications experience is required. Search here – and find Intern info – if link fails you.
Monday’s job-search tool: the fundraising/development opportunity-rich Philanthropy Careers job board, brought to you by the fine folks at the Chronicle of Philanthropy.
And don't forget the the Idealist Career Fair - Tuesday, Nov. 10, at George Washington University. Co-sponsors include Teach For America and the DC Chapter of the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network.