SEIU – Affiliates Contribution Analyst – Feb. 15
National Partnership for Women & Families – Work/Family Communications Manager – Feb. 15
Environics PR – Account Executive, Technology/Telecommunications Practice (scroll down) – Feb. 15
Amtrak – Coordinator, Digital & Social Media – Feb. 16
Association of Science-Technology Centers – Admin Assistant/Receptionist – Feb. 16
- Communications Advisor, South Asia Region – DC-based – Feb. 16
- Community Engagement Specialist – Oil, Gas, Mining and Chemicals Department – Feb. 16
US Mint – Deputy Director, Office of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs – $105k-$136k – job ID: 10-USMINT-105P – apply by Feb. 18
Internal Revenue Service – Public Affairs Specialist – $89k-$115k – job ID: DEU-C2-0W2-089-NJW – Feb. 19
Center for Economic Progress – Director, Policy & Research (pdf) – $62k-$67k – Chicago, IL – Feb. 19
Revenue Watch – New York:
Society of Environmental Graphic Design – Executive Director – Feb. 19
Dept. of Homeland Security – Director of Legislative Affairs – $123k-$155k – job ID: OS-20100357 – Feb. 19
Mines Advisory Group USA – Marketing Manager – Feb. 21
We found a few recent & interesting (but not local) opportunities by going to apply now and then using the keyword public affairs at the frustrating-to-us jobs site at Pfizer. Job #s also listed:
- Senior Director, Medical Communications/Nutrition (937883) – Madison, NJ – apply by Mar. 25
- Senior Director, Public Affairs & Policy, Europe (937812) - foreign language skills & cultural acuity a plus - New York
- Senior Director, International Policy (937633) - New York - apply by Feb. 18
- Director, Industry Affairs & Market Relations (936086) - Madison, NJ
- Public Affairs Manager, Gulf States (937929) - located in United Arab Emirates - Arabic language skills required - apply by Feb. 25
Equal Rights Center – promoting equal opportunity in housing, employment, disability rights, immigrant rights, and access to public accommodations and government services.
Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights – Summer Intern opportunities – applicants must have completed at least one year of law/grad school – foreign language skills helpful – apply by Mar. 1
Pew Charitable Trusts – Admin Associate, Operations – Pew Center on the States
The Batter Up Foundation works to revive interest in youth/high-school baseball in DC and to improve the development of local players, especially minorities, with the goal of increasing college opportunities (have you seen a college baseball team picture lately? – looks like a hockey team). Get on their roster as a part-time Grants Coordinator – modest stipend plus commission offered.
The Coalition Against Bigger Trucks (it’s exactly what it sounds like) seeks Field Director. Alexandria-based, but extensive travel required.
Walgreens – Strategic Government Relations Leader – JD or Master's degree desired; minimum of 10 years experience in federal government relations including Capitol Hill work; health care related committee experience is preferred, along with working knowledge of pharmacy issues, Medicaid, Medicare, etc.
California Teachers Association – Legislative Advocate – Sacramento, CA
These appear to be among the latest offerings from Ketchum PR:
- Vice President/Account Supervisor, Healthcare
- Vice President/Group Manager, Public Affairs
- Research Associate
- Chicago-based Senior Associate and Analyst opportunities with their Zócalo Group word-of-mouth/social marketing affiliate
We have some interesting items to consider from the Council on Foundations:
- This Advocacy Coordinator position – which, oddly enough, does not yet show up on their own jobs @ COF page (click on jobs at the council tab)
- Under the all jobs tab at their foundation jobs board, you’ll find fundraising, grant-making, program & other jobs like this Policy & Research Associate position with the Hunt Alternatives Fund
- Interested in international relief work? COF’s comprehensive Haiti Disaster Response section provides a lot of information on foundation, NGO and corporate support/grantmaking efforts in support of Haitian relief – it might also provide you with some organizations to target for your own job search efforts. And, don’t forget our recent Relief/Humanitarian jobs special!
International Association of Fire Chiefs – Web & Graphic Design Coordinator
Fannie Mae – can also search here, using job # noted:
Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to support their Litigation Business Development team. Minimum of 2 years in marketing, communications or related field required, along with experience using databases to support business development activities.
Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, MD offers this comparatively terse call for a Public Relations Coordinator – you can see that actual title by searching here, under administrative support.
Perfect for Alabama Congressional office-types or anyone else who wants to decamp to the Heart of Dixie: University of Alabama-Birmingham – Director of Media Relations (search using keyword 12997BR) – $65k-$101k
The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards will pay you $67k-$70k as their Online Media Coordinator; maybe they’ll even give you some sound advice as to what do with that windfall.
We’re usually hateful towards slow-loading, flash-enhanced homepages – but we like the subway-themed site (really – spend a few minutes poking around; it’s nicely done) of New York ad agency Gotham Inc. Here’s a Copywriter gig there – great taste in design and an interest in fashion/related fields are musts.
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition seeks Media Relations Intern. Prohibition of what? – yes, it’s just what you think it is.
It’s probably been bounced all over the twittersphere already, but maybe one or two of you don’t know that the DNC/Organizing for America is seeking a Social Networks Manager – a job we’ve seen inelegantly referred to as Twitterer for Pres. Obama by a handful of media outlets.
For your Monday resource - we've previously referenced the prolific and progressive-leaning job board from Idealist - but you might not be aware of these additional Idealist resources:
- Idealist Guide to Nonprofit Careers for Sector Switchers (free to download) – hard copy available for purchase
- Idealist Guide to Nonprofit Careers for First-Time Job Seekers (free) – and hard copy
- Career Corner blog