Currently available with the sunshine-loving (figuratively speaking, but probably literally, as well) Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington:
AFL-CIO Solidarity Center seeks Program Officer for Africa Dept. (DC-based) – must have broad knowledge of international relations including trade union and socioeconomic and political developments in the U.S. and abroad. Previous trade union experience is highly desirable.
Mystery PR firm – Media Account Manager – mid-level
Recently-added opportunities with Boeing – can also search here, using job # or location:
- Office Administrator (10-1004155) – Arlington, Va. – providing support to Vice President, Strategy/Government Operations – apply today, Mar. 17
- Communications Specialist (10-1004028) – Chicago, IL – apply by Mar. 23
- Communications Specialist (10-1004030) – Chicago, IL – apply by Mar. 23
CNN/Time Warner – search by job req ID or DC location (except as noted):
- Production Assistant, State of the Union (117107BR)
- Media Operations Manager (114679BR) – strong knowledge of Final Cut Pro is preferred
- Producer, Larry King Live (116971BR)
- Senior Producer, Larry King Live (116972BR)
- PR Coordinator, InStyle (117049BR) – temporary position – New York
- We also see approx. fifteen CNN Internships available in DC location
NAFSA/The Association for International Educators will pay some go-getter-ish type $38k-$43k as Staff Assistant, Public Policy Dept.
Staying in that general salary area, there’s $36k-$40k on the table for an Assistant, Member Relations with the National League of Cities. Wide range of admin duties promised/threatened.
Library of Congress – Deputy Director & Senior Specialist – $165k – job ID: 100023 – apply by Apr. 9
Gerson Lehrman Group seeks Associates for a two-year program that is heavy in research work and establishing consulting relationships with lawyers, lobbyists, former government officials, and economists. We’re not really sure what to make of it; surely you’ll have better luck.
NokiaSiemens Networks – Head of Policy & Public Affairs – key info to note at bottom of description: global position\check location w/ hiring manager – apply by Apr. 5, 24:00 GMT, to be exact (that would be 8:00 pm here).
CARE USA – Policy Media Relations Officer – 5-10 years in journalism, public/media relations, or international affairs desired.
Federal Communications Commission – New Media Technology Specialist – $62k-$81k – job ID: DEU-OMD-2010-0020 – apply by Mar. 25
Dept. of Agriculture – Senior Press Officer – $123k-$155k – job ID: W-CPAO-2010-0015 – apply by Apr. 15
Hilton Hotels – search by job # or Virginia-Northern/DC Metro location:
- Social Media Manager (39973)
- Director, Global Corporate Communications (35997)
- Brand Management Intern ( 41247)
- Brand & Communications Intern (40258)
- Corporate Communications Intern (39994)
- Progressive Texas Rep. – Executive Assistant/Scheduler
- Rep. Judy Chu (CA-32) – Press Deputy/Speechwriter
- Rep. Diana DeGette (CO-1) – Intern – available immediately, currently-enrolled students only
- Rep. Jay Inslee (WA-1) – Intern – available immediately
- Senate Employment Bulletin
Your favorite™ public affairs & communications jobs resource wishes you a happy, healthy & heartwarming St. Patrick's Day.