Research!America – a group focused solely on making research to improve health a higher national priority – seeks a Communications Specialist to help publicize and support their worthwhile work. Ability to operate in fast-paced, multi-tasking and rapid-turnaround environment required.
Interaction – self-described (not that we doubt them, mind you) largest coalition of U.S.-based international NGOs focused on the world’s poor and most vulnerable people:
- Website & Multimedia Specialist – apply today, Apr. 9
- Senior Director of Humanitarian Policy
- Internship info
Midwest Republican Rep. – Executive Assistant
Bill of Rights Institute – Senior Director of Development – search managed by Talent Market
National Endowment for Democracy – Intern, Research and Conferences – International Forum for Democratic Studies – Students with foreign-language skills are particularly sought – apply by Apr. 30
A bunch of new opportunities with Ogilvy PR – but they’re all in the New York offices:
- Media Planner
- Account Supervisor, Consumer Marketing
- Director, Ogilvy Entertainment
- Coordinator, Ogilvy Entertainment
- Associate Content Manager, Ogilvy Entertainment
- Associate Director, Ogilvy Entertainment
Urban Land Institute:
Cato Institute seeks a Photo Intern. This reminds us that it’s been like forever since we’ve done one of our highly-popular Think Tank Special Editions – so we’ll try to bring you a new one on Tuesday.
Hey, look! It seems Burson-Marsteller has changed their career page from a Webhire to a Taleo operating platform. This discovery is the kind of thing that passes for high excitement at DCPA+CJ headquarters. Celebrate by applying for this Communications Specialist position of the temporary type with B-M’s Direct Impact grassroots operation.
US Green Building Council:
National Summer Learning Association – Director of Marketing & Communications – $65k-$75k – Baltimore, MD
MSHC Partners – Interactive Media Buyer – how hard can that be?
OMB Watch – Environmental Right-to-Know Internship – position is available for summer 2010 but could be extended; end date is flexible
The Education for Employment Foundation supports youth skill development and job training in the Middle East and North Africa. They seek a Development Director who is an out-of-the-box thinker, has a fire in the belly, and is goal-oriented + highly driven. Fluency in Arabic helps your (and their) cause. Scroll down for Intern info.
Candidate must have a comprehensive knowledge of popular music, lecture, cultural/fine arts and entertainment fields – hey, that’s you! Masters degree in College Student Personnel or related field is preferred – OK, that may narrow the field a little bit. University of Maryland – Coordinator, Student Entertainment Events – apply by Apr. 23. A relevant Masters degree and written/oral fluency in Chinese qualify you for a Program Coordinator slot in the School of Public Policy – apply by Apr. 16
Recently-posted opportunities with Amgen – search DC location or by req ID:
- Regulatory Affairs Manager (4089BR) – Global Emerging Markets Group – can also be based in Thousand Oaks, CA
- Intern, International Corporate Affairs (3911BR) – undergrad level
- Intern, International Corporate Affairs (3876BR) – for current grad students
- Intern, State Government Affairs (3540BR) – undergrad level
Recent Capitol Hill finds:
- Blue Dog Democrat – Executive Assistant/Scheduler
- Office of the CAO – Paralegal – starting at $61k – apply by Apr. 19
- Unknown House Committee, Majority side – Communications Director – foreign affairs/national security-related experience sought
- Senate employment opportunities
Our job-search tool of the day: the increasingly-useful LinkedIn jobs resource.
Happy Friday from your favorite™ public affairs
& communications jobs resource.
& communications jobs resource.