Virginia State Bar Association – Executive Assistant – to mid-$40k – Richmond, Va. – Apr. 5
Human Rights Watch – US Advocacy Director – Apr. 5
NokiaSiemens Networks – Head of Policy & Public Affairs – note: global position\check location w/ hiring manager – Apr. 5, 24:00 GMT
Nature Conservancy – search by job ID or scroll back for:
- Philanthropy Coordinator (11901) – six-month term – San Francisco, CA – Apr. 5
- Director of Government Relations (11881) – Austin, TX – Apr. 9
General Motors – Executive Assistant, Legislative Affairs – (search DC location or job number ADM0001045) – Apr. 7
Dept. of Health & Human Services:
- Health Communications Specialist – $62k-$97k – job ID: PH-NM-10-323855 – Apr. 9
- Health Communications Specialist – $74k-$115k – job ID: PH-NM-10-323788 – Apr. 9
Greenpeace – Field Organizer – Columbus, OH; New York; Atlanta, GA; Miami, FL; Austin, TX – Apr. 9
Library of Congress – Deputy Director & Senior Specialist – $165k – job ID: 100023 – Apr. 9
Carbon War Room – Director of Development – Apr. 9
Washington Area Bicyclist Association – Executive Director (pdf) – Apr. 9
Brookings Institution – Research Assistant, Metropolitan Policy Program – part-time & temporary position – Apr. 9
Environmental Law Institute – Web Editor, Environmental Law Reporter – $35k-$40k – Apr. 9
U.S.- China Economic and Security Review Commission – Research Assistant (pdf) – $34k-$45k – Apr. 9
Arabella Philanthropic Investment Advisors – Operations Assistant – reception/admin – Apr. 9
Paralyzed Veterans of America – Associate Director of Media Relations – $58k-$73k salary noted here – Apr. 9
Mohonk Preserve – Director of Communications (pdf) – New Paltz, NY – Apr. 9
Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (FL) – Legislative Assistant/Counsel – Judiciary Committee related issues – apply by Apr. 10
ACLU – Lobbyist Assistant – apply by Apr. 10
Executive Office of the President – Reference Librarian – $51k-$81k – job ID: OA-10-19-JJ-DE – Apr. 11
B&D Consulting – Health Policy Advisor – previous experience should include substantive work for a committee of jurisdiction, in a health care agency, or other healthcare-related entity (not-for-profit, manufacturer, etc), or as a health LA. Science background and/or graduate degree preferred.
- Director, Union Veterans Council – will oversee legislative, communications and other activities for the group. Prior military service is strongly recommended. Apply by Apr. 30
- Program Assistant, Solidarity Center – Middle East/North Africa focus – fluency in Arabic required, French desirable
- Admin Assistant, Solidarity Center – competency in Spanish required, working knowledge of Portuguese desired
Perseus LLC is a merchant bank/private equity outfit that seems pretty serious at first glance. Their DC-based Executive Assistant opportunity looks serious and challenging, too.
College Summit partners with school districts and states to increase their college-going rates by fostering a culture where going to college is the expectation of every student. Your big-picture-seeing and important-sounding spot on the team: Strategic Initiatives Manager.
M+R Strategic Services:
- Director of Government Affairs
- Online Production Associate
- Online Consultant - DC or New York
- Online Associate - DC or New York
National Association of Chain Drug Stores seeks Director, Public Policy to helm policy development and analysis on Medicare Part D and other issues impacting their membership. You'll spend your days drafting regulatory comments, conducting legislative analysis, preparing advocacy materials, and representing industry in coalitions and before the executive branch.
Society for Neuroscience – Graphics Designer
Latest Baltimore-based opportunities with the NAACP:
Advancement Project – Summer Legal Internship – for law students or recent law school graduates. fluency in Spanish is also a plus.
WMATA/Metro – Strategic Communications & Policy Specialist (scroll to bottom, choose Enter Metro Career Center, and scroll or use job # 100207) – $80k-$120k – apply by Apr. 16
As promised Friday, along with this listing for Assistant Director of Communications – a full rundown of opportunities in DC and nationwide with British Embassy/Consulate offices:
- Internships – various departments – application deadlines: Apr. 23 Summer - July 16 Fall
- Accommodation Associate
- Switchboard Operator – i.e. receptionist – part-time
- Budget Analyst
- Regional Learning & Development Officer
- Transport & Trade Policy Advisor – apply by Apr. 21
- Head of Political, Press & Public Affairs – Atlanta, GA – apply by Apr. 7
- Internships, Fall 2010 – Chicago, IL – apply by June 14
- Corporate Service Manager – New York
- Immigration Appeals Clerk – New York – apply by Apr. 7
- Immigration Assistant – New York – apply by Apr. 7
- Immigration Risk Assistant – New York – apply by Apr. 7
- Office Manager – New York – apply by Apr. 7
- Head, Press & Public Affairs Group – New York
Friends of the National Zoo: Media Relations Specialist, part-time – Development Coordinator – along with admin, retail, food-service & related positions.
Henry M. Jackson (aka Scoop) Foundation seeks Communications Specialist for the Military HIV Research Program. Messaging, writing assignments/newsletters, web-related work and media relations. Caveat: job dates back to Feb. 1 when you search for it here.
Here’s your wake-up call (ha!) for opportunities with the New York Hotel & Motel Trades Council – NYC, 44th & 8th Avenue, to be specific:
- Assistant Director of Organizing – $50k-$80 – second language skills desired
- Assistant, Hotel Employees Action Team – $33k-$37k – entry-level opportunity to get into labor activism
- Senior Political & Research Analyst – $50k-$60k
- Political & Research Analyst – $40k-$45k
Look – yet another fine healthcare-related opportunity – really, someone could do a whole blog of just healthcare advocacy jobs. Now where were we? Oh right … Pfizer – Senior Director/Director, International Government Relations. Their requirements/preferences include: five+ years government or GR/lobbying experience - pharmaceutical industry experience preferred - in-depth understanding of European and Latin American trade issues.
Your Monday job search resource - the New York Times (and those meddling government types) wonder if your unpaid internship is really just free labor.