American Bar Association – Legislative Associate – $41k-$43k – provides research, writing and information support to the gov’t affairs office
Rep. Jim Langevin (D-RI) – Intern opportunities, Fall 2010
NASA – Legislative Affairs Specialist – two positions available – $123k-$155k – job ID: HQ10B0143 – apply by July 16
The US-Saudi Business Council seeks Research Intern of the available-now variety – ideal candidate will be in pursuit of a B.A. or M.A. in international relations, political science, economics, or a related field. They also note a Fall Internship with an awfully forgiving Aug. 31 deadline – but we’d suggest getting your resume to them a little (or a lot) earlier than that.
Global Rights (formerly known as Lawyers for Human Rights):
- Director of Development & Communications
- Access to Justice Program Director – law degree required; Master of Laws degree or another post-graduate degree in a related field is also desired
- Office Driver – Kampala, Uganda
- and once again, we see a kinda-hard-to-believe Aug. 31 deadline for Fall Internships referenced
TechnoServe supports entrepreneurial efforts in poor areas of the developing world to build businesses that create income, opportunity and economic growth:
Abbott – Admin Assistant (search DC location or job ID 77867BR) – must have 7-10 years of secretarial experience preferably with a diversified company, association, Congress, or federal agency – experience with Lotus Notes email and calendaring (?) preferred.
The National Education Writers Association seeks a Marketing and Development Coordinator (scroll down, posted 6/23) to help lead its marketing, membership, sponsor-development, and fundraising efforts. Other writing/education-oriented jobs also available w/ various groups.
A double-dose of defense/aerospace GR opportunities:
- BAE Systems – Director, Legislative Affairs
- Raytheon – Senior Director, Government Relations (search job req 6332BR)
- Associate Director, Philanthropy Communications (12199) – apply by Aug. 4
- Gift Planning Associate (12170) – apply by July 14
National Women’s Law Center:
- Director of Online Communications
- Senior Policy Advisor, Family Economic Security
- Program Assistant, Health & Reproductive Rights
- Program Assistant, Education & Employment
Today's job-search resource: green jobs from Sustain Lane