Dept. of Justice – Legislative Analyst – $51k-$97k – job ID: COPS-10-403(DC)DEU – apply by Aug. 12
- Director of Special Gifts – minimum of 5 years experience in fundraising with particular expertise in planned giving required
- Director, National Library for the Study of George Washington (scroll down) – expand collection of books & manuscripts, enhance scholarly research, develop aggressive plan to disseminate knowledge about President #1 to a large and diverse audience.
- Director, Web & New Media Services (scroll down)
Axiom Resource Management seeks dynamic, intelligent, self-starter Public Relations Analyst (scroll down) for TRICARE Management Activity Communications and Customer Service Division – a few admin-oriented positions also noted.
Opportunities with international humanitarian fundraising group Global Impact:
- Executive Director, Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area
- Senior Digital Marketing Strategist
- Senior Writer & Communications Strategist
Use advanced search and select DC location or job # to find these freshly-minted postings with Pfizer:
- Director/Senior Director, Legislative Affairs (912947) – tax and corporate governance issues
- Director/Senior Director, Legislative Affairs (942720) – issues include drug research, development and regulation, vaccines, personalized medicine and user fees
- Director/Senior Director, Federal Government Relations ( 942721) – tax & int'l trade
PR/public affairs twitter contacts, and we spent a just a few minutes hunting for leads via tweets from this group:
- Fleishman-Hillard – Account Supervisor/Managing Supervisor – telecom focus – Charlotte, NC
- Burson-Marsteller – Client Executive, Public Affairs Practice
- Lewis PR – DC-based Account Manager – plus other opportunities in San Francisco
- Edelman Digital – multiple positions – DC and elsewhere
- Unknown leading international company – Communications Director, CSR – $80k-$110k – Philadelphia, PA – search managed by Peter Bell & Associates
- Federal Aviation Administration – Program Manager – manages a multi-disciplinary staff of graphic, writing, video and web personnel – $109k-$169k – job ID: AWA-AJG-10-MW50621-17906 – apply by Aug. 2
- Senior Director of Communications
- Senior Policy Analyst (scroll down) – fluency in written and spoken Arabic a plus
- Internships (scroll down)
- Grants Manager – $55k – Brooklyn, NY – or can be remotely-based
- Program Communications Manager - $70k – Brooklyn, NY – or can be remotely-based
- Project Director, Communications – Houston, TX
- Fellow – Brown Center on Education – successful candidate will hold a PhD in economics, public policy, psychology, political science, or a related discipline – apply by Aug. 31
- Senior Fellow – Governance Studies – successful candidate will hold a Ph.D. in political science, government, public policy, or a related discipline – apply by Aug. 31
Microsoft – Senior Director, Public Policy/Advocacy – position will manage the coordination, formulation, and advocacy of federal and state public policy related to the company’s full range of issue priorities
Equal Justice Works is seeking energetic – Director of Development (pdf) with a strong fundraising track record to play a central role in the senior management team of the nation's largest organization creating opportunities and support for public interest minded students and lawyers – search managed by Transition Guides.
Scroll down (about halfway) to find these opportunities with UNC Health Care – Chapel Hill, NC:
- Information & Communication Specialist II
- Information & Communication Specialist I
- Medical Center News Director
Dept. of Homeland Security – New Media Specialist – $42k-$54k – job ID: DHSHQ10-368731-PA – apply by Aug. 2
Your job-search tool of the day is the PR Coach, whose offerings include a job board and a list of PR job-search resources.
* they never explicitly promise that – instead asking if potential applicants are sick of that probably not-often-actually-occurring-these-days practice (as well as simple admin work). We like to make interns fetch coffee on their first day, and then not make that request again for the duration of their stay.