Architect of the Capitol – Public Programs Coordinator – $62k-$81k – job ID: BG-2010-199 – July 26
US Institute for Peace:
- Program Assistant, Center for Conflict Analysis & Prevention – July 27
- Program Assistant, Rule of Law – July 27
Railroad Retirement Board – Staff Assistant, Legislative – $37k-$42k – job ID: GS-0303-06/07 – July 28
Office of the Chief of Naval Operations – Legislative Policy Advisor – $123k-$155k – job ID: NW0-0301-15-4B696449-DE – July 28
Maryland Judiciary Dept. – Deputy Director, Office of Communications & Public Affairs (pdf) – $75k-$90k – Annapolis, MD – July 29
Prince William County – Assistant to the County Executive, Legislative Affairs – $70k-$113k – July 30
Fish & Wildlife Service – Supervisory Legislative Specialist (aka: Chief, Division of Congressional & Legislative Affairs) – $123k-$155k – job ID: R9-10-365504-AR – July 30
Arabella Philanthropic Advisors – Foundation Management Assistant – July 30
American University – Marketing Assistant, Student Activities - $12/hr – part-time – July 30
Office of the Director of National Intelligence – Special Assistant – $74k-$97k – mainly admin duties – job ID: HJ227 – July 30
Broadcasting Board of Governors – Multimedia Production Specialist – $62k-$97k – job ID: GS-1071-11/12 – July 30
National Assembly on School-Based Health Care – Policy Assistant (scroll down to find) – $30k – July 30
InterAction – Manager/Senior Manager, Government Relations - July 30
Open Society Institute – New York:
- Senior Program Officer, Public Health/Harm Reduction – July 30
- Deputy Director, Office of International Operations – Aug. 1
- Research Assistant, Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform – $41k – July 31
- Research Assistant, Economic Studies – $41k-$42k – July 31
- Program Administrator, Communications – part-time position, temporary to end of 2010 – July 31
University of Maryland – Director of Planned Giving & Alumni Relations – College of Education – July 31
League of Conservation Voters:
- Manager of Grassroots Fundraising & Online Advocacy – July 31
- New Media Manager – July 31
National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies:
African Wildlife Foundation:
- Program Director of Policy (pdf) – Aug. 1
Somewhere in Vermont – that’s your work location for the Fall State Policy Internship with the Marijuana Policy Project - also available: DC-based Video Assistant Internship
We like the no-nonsense and relaxing look of the careers board of the Association for Zoos & Aquariums – so we’re extra-happy to help place you on the team there as Manager, Web Services & New Media. Bonus coverage brings you this Public Relations Manager item with the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Boulder, CO, as well as a what-could-possibly-go-wrong? opportunity to be a Predator Keeper with the Birmingham (AL) Zoo.
- Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-TX) – Press Secretary
- Senior Democrat – Press Intern – August start date
- Senior Democrat – Interns
- Rep. Jason Altmire (D-PA) – Intern
- Rep. Tim Murphy (R-PA) – Scheduler
The Education section at U.S. News & World Report seeks Web Producer to be responsible for managing the homepage and education pages on usnews.com, including assisting w/ helping with the production of Best Colleges, Best Grad Schools and other ranking features.
We’re always a little suspicious of the jobs page of the otherwise laudable ONE Campaign – it just seems like some of those jobs have been up there a long time – so we’ll just reference the last few posted (if the url-suffix number is a good freshness guideline):
- New Media Data Analyst
- Campus Challenge Coordinator
- Senior Admin Assistant
- Research Assistant
- Regional Field Director – Seattle, WA
You could work one (or intern) just one building away from the workplace home of DCPA+CJ in surprisingly pleasant Crystal City (really, we kind of love it here*) at the US Committee for Refugees & Immigrants:
- Development Coordinator
- multiple Intern opportunities (scroll down) – Aug. 31 application deadlines noted
- Program Officer – in Port au Prince, Haiti
American Society for Radiation Oncology – worthy organization with fun ASTRO acronym – seeks Lobbyist (scroll down) with established Hill relationships and sound knowledge of the legislative process and Medicare policy.
The Council for Christian Colleges & Universities seeks a Director of Communications responsible for broad portfolio of communications activities. Available mid-Sept.
- Staff Assistant, Communications and Staff Assistant, Programming
- – both are part-time – $12/hr – preference given to current AU grad students
- Receptionist, Merit Awards Office – part-time - $10-11/hr
- Spirit Coordinator – responsible for the coordination, supervision, evaluation, performance and day-to-day operations of the University’s Spirit program: Cheer Squad, Dance Team, and Mascot Program – part-time - $900/mo.
Fannie Mae – Communications Specialist – requires extensive experience writing enterprise-level communications for corporations, nonprofits, government agencies, including speeches, reports, articles, press releases, brochures, & web.
With high resolves, noble purposes and integrity, the Phelps Stokes staff preserves the sincerity of intent and the unflagging efforts of those who preceded us as we create a future promoting the unity of humankind and social justice. Together, we ensure that big ideas always find a way to break through – your spot in all this: Communications Assistant.
Strategic Sustainable Consulting – Communications/Copy Editor Intern – apply by Aug. 15
Population Services International:
- Executive Assistant, Corporate Marketing & Communications
- Project Coordinator
- Consultant, Corporate Marketing & Communications – three month term
- Consultant/Writer, Research & Metrics – one year term – knowledge of French, Spanish, or Portuguese a major plus
communications, along with the posted in the last 7 days filter to come up with these opportunities with VeriSign – you can also use job # shown:
- Director, Global Web Properties (00001094)
- Director, Global Brand Strategy & Marketing Communications (00001096)
- Director, Corporate Communications (00001095)
Here’s an internal communications focused Senior Manager, Communications spot on the Capitol One roster. Part of your portfolio appears to involve collaborating with the compensation team – who would seem to be pretty good people to make friends with there.
Atlantic Media – corporate parent for National Journal, Hotline, Government Executive, Congress Daily and The Atlantic – these appear to among more recent opportunities:
- Copy Editor
- Event Coordinator
- Reporter/Producer – Government Executive group
- additional opportunities – editorial, advertising, marketing & business development
American Institute of Physics:
- Director of News & Media Services – eight to ten years experience managing public information & media relations, preferably at a scientific organization required; personal contacts among the news media highly desirable.
- Director of Development – minimum of five years of successful experience in fundraising, particularly in annual and capital campaigns required.
* we're perhaps-too-excited about the coming-soon Chick-fil-A across the street.