Conservation International is seeking a committed, responsible, energetic, highly professional – and 3-5 years experienced – Executive Assistant to support the SVP of Marketing + Communications. Among your desired attributes: force of presence and influence skills: ability to accomplish complex assignments requiring cross-organization cooperation. Nicely put.
The Office of Study Abroad & International Exchange at American University is seeking a part-time Resource Specialist. Duties include event planning for activity fairs, receptions and faculty visits, program marketing and promotion, newsletter development, and admin duties. $10-$12/hr.
M80 Marketing seeks experienced Social Media Manager to manage social media and web projects as part of an agency team working for automotive client. Great company name, that. Image via the awesome Crakerpacks site
Society for the Arts in Healthcare – Director of Development – apply by Oct. 1
International Monetary Fund – Senior External Relations Officer, Media Relations – detailed knowledge of Asian economic and financial issues required; Mandarin or other regional language skills would be an asset.
United Nations Foundation:
- Admin Assistant, Women & Population/Operations – apply by Sept. 15
- Communications Officer, mHealth Alliance – apply by Sept. 15
Chamber of Commerce:
- Coordinator, Political Affairs & Federation Relations – to $40k
- Manager, Corporate Relations
- Executive Director, Immigration Policy
Newest opportunity with the American Council on Education: Executive Assistant/Admin Coordinator
The Association for the Study of Peak Oil & Gas seeks brand-new Executive Director – salary of at least $75k promised.
September is Life Insurance Awareness Month – accordingly, we declare Sept. 7 to be Communications Director Job at the LIFE Foundation Awareness Day.
The National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration is seeking a master's level grad student in public administration, public affairs, or public policy for a part-time Intern/Communications Assistant slot for 10-12 weeks, starting in September - $12-$14/hr. – resume review starts Sept. 9 – more relevant opportunities available on NASPAA’s Public Service Careers job board.
Death Penalty Focus – Executive Director – San Francisco, CA – apply by Nov. 1
SEIU – Campaign Field Coordinator – community organizing experience helpful – apply by Sept. 30
Several Boston-based opportunities with Partners in Health, helping improve & deliver healthcare to the poor and underserved:
- Vice President, Communications & Development – search managed by Nonprofit Professional Advisory Group
- Director of Development – also via NPAG
- Writer/Multimedia Reporter
- Media Relations Specialist
- more admin & program positions
American Society of Clinical Oncology:
- Program Coordinator
- Program Coordinator, Communications
- Assistant Director, Integrated Media & Technology – web publishing/management
AFL-CIO Center for Intl. Labor Solidarity:
Project Associate position with the Transportation Learning Center – appropriately located near the Silver Spring Metro station.
Animal Welfare Approved is a nonprofit promoting – and certifying – high standards for animal care on family farms. Perhaps you can meet their standards for Media Associate (pdf) – but only if you’re willing to divulge your salaries past, present and hoped-for-in-future (see end of posting).
CFA Institute – Director of Publications (search Charlottesville, Va. location)
Speaking of C'ville, here's a couple positions with the University of Virginia Health System – scroll back to find (one posted 8/30, one posted 8/17) or use advanced search and job #:
- Admin Programs Coordinator/Marketing, Planning & Program Development (3229)
- Admin Programs Coordinator/Online Marketing Specialist (3165) - alternate listing
We tend to romanticize local tourism/visitor promotion jobs as sort of fun and perhaps even a little cushy, and working for an entity that fancies itself as wine & horse country further fuels the dream – Loudoun Convention & Visitors Association – Director of Public & Industry Relations – Leesburg, Va. – apply by Sept. 17. We'll take a 2001 Breaux Nebbiolo if you snare the post.
George Washington University (scroll down or use job ID):
- Law Career Information Coordinator (0602135)
- Event Support Specialist (0602136) - Development & Alumni Affairs office
- Director of Advancement, Major Gifts (0602127) - $68k