The leafy, pleasant & McLean-situated Potomac School seeks an experienced Managing Editor for their biannual tersely-named Term magazine and other communications duties.
USAID/Global Health Fellows Program – Tuberculosis Communications Advisor – apply by Oct.. 25
Italian aviation group Aleniana has slots available for Regia Aeronautica enthusiasts (or perhaps just generally competent and qualified folks) in the DC office:
- Admin Assistant (pdf)
- Director of Communications (pdf)
- Vice President of Government Relations & Communications (pdf)
- business development, HR and contracts-related positions also available
Unknown large company in Baltimore, MD seeks Communications Specialist – experience sought in both communications and desktop publishing; skill-set to include proficiency composing press releases, internal and external communication pieces and marketing collateral - $40k-$45k – search managed by the BOSS Group.
National Gay & Lesbian Task Force:
- Leadership Programs Director
- Interactive Media Coordinator – DC or New York
- Major Gifts Officer – New York
- Director of Individual Giving – New York
- Account Supervisor, Healthcare
- Assistant Account Exec, Healthcare
- Senior Account Supervisor/Research Director – for their StrategyOne affiliate
Search DC location or use job ID for these opportunities Commercial real estate giant CB Richard Ellis:
SKDKnickerbocker is seeking experienced Communications Professionals; candidates must have at least seven years of experience in a public affairs firm, trade association, in-house corporate public affairs, politics, journalism or similar environment.
Are you the rare open Objectivist with the passion, skills, and character to take the helm as Chief Executive Officer of the Atlas Society? If so, search-manager Talent Market would like to hear from you.
- Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) – Systems Administrator/Staff Assistant
- Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA) – Intern
- Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-OH) – Deputy Press Secretary
- Senior Democratic Member – Health Policy Advisor
MWH Global (search by job ID or DC location):
World Wildlife Fund:
- Coordinator, Foundation Relations
- Program Coordinator
- Program Officer, Climate Change
- Media Relations Associate/Specialist
Here's additional afternoon-found offerings:
USO – two Web Content Specialist positions available, plus Regional Director of Development
For your far-flung Friday desires, how about shipping up to Boston with Cone PR:
- Brand Marketing positions
- Assistant/Senior Account Exec spots – cause marketing & CSR
- Director of New Media
- Internships – Spring 2011
- Development Officer (scroll down)
- Foundations Officer – apply today, Sept. 24
- Program Associate, Executive Office – apply by Sept. 30
- Office Manager – Berkley, CA – apply today, Sept. 24
- Director, Midwest Office – Chicago, IL – apply by Oct. 15
- Projects Coordinator, Office of the President – $45k-$55k
- Academic Advisor, Kogod School of Business – $40k-$48k
- Senior Admin Assistant - Office of VP of Development & Alumni Relations - $13-$17/hr
- Program Coordinator, Washington College of Law – $47k-$51k
- Career Management Advisor, Kogod School of Business – $42k-$52k – apply by Oct. 22
- Admissions Assistant – part-time – $10-$12/hr
Opportunities requiring 10+ years experience with the New York-based American Association of Mechanical Engineers:
- Editor, ASME.org – journalism experience, digital publishing as a Content Director, Manager, or Lead Editor required.
- Marketing Manger – MBA a plus; experience in planning and implementing integrated marcom programs/campaigns for business-to-business or consumer products within a substantive corporate environment required.
The ideal candidate for President & CEO (pdf) of the Association for Public Television Stations should have a minimum of 15 years of successful and relevant senior management experience in business, education, government or public telecom/broadcasting and a demonstrated appreciation of public broadcasting – and should also forward their resume to search firm Spencer Stuart.
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation:
- Director of Gala/Dinner Dance
- Science Writer/Editor
- Special Event Director, DC Chapter
- Director of Development/Special Events, DC Chapter
United Nations Association – Executive Director (pdf) – search managed by Development Resources, Inc. – also found via LinkedIn
For your belated Friday job resource, we offer up the essential, inimitable: Ned's Job of the Week – lots of jobs in the communications, defense & hospitality industry posted weekly from this popular and prolific operation ..... and for your also-important forget-about-jobsearching needs, we offer up Oktoberfests! this weekend in Lovettesville – Fredericksburg – National Harbor – Jessup.