Amtrak – Principal Officer, OIG Communications – $90k-$115k – job ID: E-90122685 – Oct. 11
DC Volunteer Lawyers Project – Development Director – Oct. 11
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation – Program Admin Assistant – Princeton, NJ – Oct. 11
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond – Corporate Communications Director - $118k-$148k – Richmond, Va. – Oct. 12
Library of Congress – Registrar of Copyright – $165k – Oct. 12
Smithsonian Institution – Government Relations Specialist, Science Programs - $105k-$136k – job ID: 10A-RM-296411-TRF-OGR – Oct. 12
Child Fund International – Regional Development Officer, Northeast/Southeast US – location TBD – Oct. 14
Interagency Council on the Homeless – Communications Specialist - $60k-$70k – job ID: USICH-2010-02 – Oct. 14
American Jewish World Service – Program Associate, Educational Resources Unit – New York – Oct. 15
Brookings Institution – Research Assistant & Production Editor for the Hamilton Project - $41k-$43k – Oct. 15
Dept. of Energy – New Media Specialist - $51k-$81k – job ID: HQ-10-DE-01-PA-00008 – Oct. 15
Nature Conservancy (search by job # or scroll back):
- Associate Director, Marketing Resource Center (12423) – Oct. 15
- Reef Resilience Project Manager (12475) – Oct. 15
SEIU – Policy Manager, Home & Community Based Services – Oct. 15
Union of Concerned Scientists:
VSA/International Association on Arts & Disability – Community Programs & Events Manager – Oct. 16
Opportunities with the Change to Win Campaign labor coalition:
- Communications Director
- Research Analyst and Senior Research Analyst – Corporate Accountability Initiative
Internationally focused but DC-based jobs with the American Bar Association in support of their Rule of Law Initiative Program – appropriate language skills quite naturally required:
- Deputy Country Director, China
- Program Officer, Africa
- Country Director and Deputy Country Director for Haiti
New out-of-town slots with Ketchum since our recent PR Jobs Special:
- Admin Assistant, KSE – New York
- Senior Associate, Brand Marketing – Chicago, IL
- Vice President, Creative Planning & Programming – New York
- Vice President, Healthcare – New York
- Vice President/Senior Specialist, Business Development – New York
- Business Development Officer for their Zócalo Group affiliate – Chicago, IL
The American Dental Association seeks highly-experienced Senior Vice President, Govt & Public Affairs – DDS or knowledge of the profession wouldn’t hurt your prospects.
Coalition to Stop Gun Violence – Development Officer – $45k-$55k
National Association of Conservation Districts – Intern deadline for Spring 2011 (Jan.-April) is Oct. 15
Out-of-town opportunities with the National Forest Foundation – deadline info shown here:
- California Program Coordinator (pdf) – Davis, CA – apply by Oct. 20
- Youth & Volunteer Programs Coordinator – AmeriCorps-funded position – $11k living allowance – Everett, WA – apply by Oct. 28
George Washington University is seeking an Associate Director for Online Communications (scroll or search posting # 060221) to support alumni relations at the GW Medical Center.
Well-known national nonprofit seeks experienced Major Gifts Officer – qualifications include 5-7 years successful experience in major or planned gift fundraising, experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies; and top-notch interpersonal skills.
You can compare current offerings from the Heritage Foundation with ones we noted three weeks ago – by our (highly unscientific) reckoning, Senior Editorial Services Assistant and Personnel/Benefits Assistant appear comparatively fresh.
Northern Virginia Community College – Annandale location, except as noted:
- Assistant Director, Communications – $37k-$57k
- Campus Community Relations Specialist – $37k-$50k
- Communications Specialist – $32k-$47k
- Campus Community Relations Specialist – $37k-$50k – Sterling
The World Bank seeks Communications Officer to support the work of the Consultative Group to Assist the Poor program – apply by Oct. 21
Of course, we know what DHS stands for – but DNDO is new to us, so let’s just see what that stands for – oh man, that’s just disturbing to contemplate. Those of you made of sterner stuff may be interested in Public Affairs Specialist slot with Camber Corp. Highly experienced candidates desired.
Looking for a less scary option than working in the DHS/DNDO war-on-terror world? Perhaps Director of Communications for Youth Services America is more your speed.
Monday's job resource - useful and comprehensive links to environmental groups nationwide via EcoEmploy, along with their job board.