A national marketing and management firm seeks a qualified Crisis Communications/Public Relations Consultant to assist part-time with a project for a government agency. Strong writing skills appear to be essential; experience related to Homeland Security issues a plus.
The Wyss Foundation – a private, charitable foundation dedicated to land conservation in the Intermountain West – seeks part-time DC-based Grants & Office Manager. Minimum 3 years administrative/accounting experience required; nonprofit or foundation experience preferred.
For those of you currently visiting from a nice, comfy association office or cube – take note: our friends at Discovery Communications have a new pro bono initiative, Discovery Impact: Creating Change — where employees will lend a hand to D.C.-area nonprofits in need of marketing, communications and creative services during a 12-hour marathon event in December. Interested organizations should apply by Oct. 22. And, while we’re at it, how about some new opportunities with Discovery:
Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI) – Interns, Spring 2011
The Association of American Publishers is seeking a Vice President for Communications to lead outreach strategy and to help shape opinion concerning the value of both print and digital content. Winning hire will have 12 to 15 years of experience in public relations/public affairs
American Psychological Association:
- Director, Public Affairs
- Senior Associate, Marketing & Business Development
- more admin & editorial positions available
These out-of-town offerings with Burson-Marsteller appear to be their latest wants:
- Associate, Technology Practice – New York
- Executive Assistant, Healthcare Practice – New York
- Senior Associate, Consumer Tech – San Francisco
- Manager, Consumer Tech – San Francisco
- Manager, Media Practice – Los Angeles
Cause organizes programs that promote recreation, relaxation and resiliency for members of the US Armed Forces recuperating at military medical facilities from injuries received in Iraq and Afghanistan – Program Coordinator – upper $30k
WAMU 88.5 FM:
SeaWeb want to relocate you to Honolulu as Asia Pacific Associate – let the battle of hopeful resumes commence. Postings of the Port of Call: Silver Spring sort include Webmaster and Interns.
- Senior Admin Assistant, Institute for Innovation in Education - $15-$16/hr
- Grants & Contracts Coordinator, Institute for Innovation in Education - $39k-$46k
- Associate Director of Development, Arts & Sciences - $50k-$60k
Brennan Center for Justice, NYU School of Law:
- Policy Associate – $35k-$40k – DC-based – apply by Nov. 15
- Director, Liberty & National Security Project – DC or New York – apply today, Oct. 15
- Director, Justice Program – New York
- Summer 2011 Legal Internship – DC & New York
National Alliance of State & Territorial AIDS Directors:
- Manager, Government Relations (pdf)
- Associate, Prevention and Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities - $35k-$40k
- Assistant, Global Program - $30k-$45
Charities Aid Foundation – searches managed by Staffing Advisors:
CNSNews.com say they will help shape Journalism Interns into fair-and-balanced, pull-no-punches newshounds.
Have you excellent FinalCut Pro knowledge, DreamWeaver experience, excellent Adobe CS2 package skills – and a nice nosy, prying mentality? Environmental Investigations Inc.’s temp-to-perm Communications & Social Media Specialist post sounds about right.
For your Friday job search resource, we bring you Career Overview's fun rundown of 15 Careers You Thought Were Extinct – let us know if you get that gig as a falconer. As you might guess, they offer other career resources, with what appears to be lots of info on online educational providers.
Happy Jobstoberfest Friday from your favorite™ public affairs and communications jobs resource! Oktoberfests this weekend: Lake Anna/Spotsylvania – Leesburg – Jessup – DC/H Street – Mountain Lake – plus Takoma Park's Nuclear-free Beerfest