Added too late for our Tuesday PR Jobs Special, so we’ll give the DCI Group a nice lead-off slot for their new Account Manager position.
We thought of checking out the American Management Association’s career site just because we saw a couple folks sporting AMA badge lanyards in line at Perfect Pita. If you were actually to apply for and get one of these positions, consider the idea that your whole life’s course might change just because we decided we were in the mood for a veggie hummus sandwich. Weird, right?
- Customer Service Coordinator
- Customer Service Coordinator – Atlanta, GA
- Graphic Artist – temporary position – New York
- Web Producer – New York
- Vice President, Network Communications & Media Relations
- Account Coordinator – marketing position
- Associate Producer – basic familiarity with technical and organizational aspects of post production essential; knowledge of AVID and other non-linear editing systems useful.
- Social Media Manager
- Publicity Assistant – Los Angeles
- Digital Media Intern
- Search intern job type for more Intern opportunities in Silver Spring, New York, Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles, Charlotte & Nashville
- You might want to also note the Discovery Jobs twitter feed
Gates Foundation – Senior Program Officer, Pacific Rim – Global Health Policy & Advocacy group
We probably should have included the Clinton Global Initiative in last week’s Humanitarian/Relief Special – although it would have only added this Junior Writer slot in New York to the haul ….. well, there is Intern info (NY, Little Rock, Boston) also noted.
Speaking of internships – how about some with the ACLU?
- Communications Intern – apply by Oct. 30
- Legal Internship, Voting Rights Project – Summer 2011 – Atlanta, GA – apply by Jan. 18
- Legal Internship, Racial Justice Program – Fall 2010 and Spring 2011 – New York
- Gift Specialist, WAMU - $15-$16/hr
- Member Services Associate, WAMU - $17-$18/hr
- Associate Director of Development, University Library - $52k-$60k
- Senior Admin Assistant – Dean’s Office, School of Communications - $18-$19/hr
- Unknown Democratic CBC member – Intern
- GOP Senator – Legislative Assistant – defense/veteran’s issues
- Committee on Standards of Official Conduct – Staff Assistant
- Southwestern Democrat – Legislative Assistant – Spanish a plus
- Democratic Member on Appropriations Committee – Senior Staff
Opportunities with 4-H – self-described as America’s largest youth organization – and boasting 60 million alumni:
Future Business Leaders of America – Publications/Communications Manager
Modern Technology Solutions seeks Public Affairs Specialist – secret clearances, nuclear detection & DHS seem to be involved, all of which combine to unnerve us.
DBC PR+New Media refer to themselves as hip – we’re skeptical, but really in no position to judge. Experience with press releases, media lists and social media sought for their Account Coordinator post.
Millenium Challenge Corporation – Student Intern – 15 positions available – apply by Oct. 15
For you Friday resource, we offer up the job board of the conservative/libertarian-oriented America's Future Foundation ..... and celebrate Jobstoberfest! with more Oktoberfests! this weekend in Arlington – Ft. Belvoir – Frederick – Germantown – Strasburg – Vienna
* on a related note – we really like the iCIMS recruitment platform more than most other competing products – at least from our external/applicant perspective. Nice choice, Discovery. We're always happy to share our perspectives/opinions on your HR page/job-search platform – just email us.