CommunicationWorks LLC, a PR agency focused on education, youth, and civil rights policy issues, seeks qualified candidates for Senior Associate (still actively searching, we’re told, despite late-Sept. posting date) and Associate level staff.
The Brookings Institution seeks Assistant Director for the Brookings-Bern Project on International Displacement with background in humanitarian affairs with knowledge of legal frameworks, UN system, and internal displacement; network of contacts in either humanitarian, academic, and/or government community - $55k-$70k
Maryland Food Bank – Project Coordinator – contract position – Baltimore. MD
Greenpeace – Field Organizing Manager – appears DC-based, but could relocate to Chicago, New York or San Francisco after a year’s service – apply by Nov. 29 – also available: Global Warming Campaign Director
Reproductive Health Technologies Project – Intern, Spring 2011 – $8/hr – apply by Dec. 10
Chesapeake Bay Foundation – Web Developer – BBNC, HTML, and CSS experience strongly preferred; experience with Photoshop, Google Analytics, and Google AdWords, and developing applications with Flash and the Google Maps API, a plus – apply today, Nov. 12
USO – scroll down to find:
- Vice President of Communications
- Director, Social Media Engagement
- Vice President of Marketing
- Director of Internal Communications
- Director of Media Relations
We suggest bringing a sharpened #2 pencil if you’re called to interview for Director of Public Affairs with the College Board in New York.
This is a little out of our usual wheelhouse here, but maybe just one lucky DCPA+CJ visitor possesses the 7-9 years relevant experience in government contracting, including cost plus fixed fee, fixed price, and time and materials contracts sought for Government Contracts Manager with Iridium.
Teach for America – it appears these opportunities can be based in DC, Chicago or New York:
Change.org proclaims We’re Hiring! and backs it up with variety of organizing, admin, editorial & other opportunities shown available
Recent opportunities with no-child-left-hungry advocates Share Our Strength:
- Grant Coordinator, College of Law - $40k-$43k
- Grants Manager, WAMU – part-time – $20-$25/hr
- Program Coordinator – supporting Farsi Chair of Islamic Peace - proficiency in Arabic required – $35k-$40k
- Associate Director of Development, School of Communications - $54k-$60k
- Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-TX) – Legislative Assistant
- Northeast Republican – Legislative Correspondent/Web Manager
- Rep. GK Butterfield (D-NC) – District Director – Wilson, NC
- Rep. Doc. Hastings (R-WA) – Press Secretary
- Senate Employment Bulletin
DOT/Research & Innovative Technology Administration – Public Affairs Specialist - $89k-$136k – job ID: RITA.PA-2011-0002 – apply by Nov. 22
The Public Religion Research Institute is a research organization dedicated to educating journalists, the public and elected officials about how values and religion impact American public life and the political system – Press Secretary – apply by Nov. 30
Corporation for National & Community Service – Public Affairs Associate - $42k-$60k – job ID: CNS-11-024-405496 – apply by Nov. 25
- Associate Client Services Manager – Minneapolis, MN
- Director of Marketing, Feinstein Kean Healthcare – Cambridge, MA
Happy Friday from your favorite™ public affairs and communications jobs resource! Be great.