Editorial note: no post scheduled for Tuesday. We'll return on Wednesday with a regular edition, and then offer up our annual Summer Internship Special over four days; Thurs-Sun, Jan. 20-23. Note to HR and intern-supervision folks: you can send links to intern opportunities here.
And now - previously-noted opportunities closing this week:
- Advocate – high-level French language skills required – knowledge of Swahili, Arabic or Spanish desired – Jan. 17
- Director of Policy & Advocacy – foreign language skills, esp. French, Spanish or Arabic, desired – Jan. 17
National Institute of Food & Agriculture – Public Liaison & Congressional Affairs Officer – 105k-$155k – job ID: NIFA-2011-0039 – Jan. 18
Peace Corps – Public Affairs Specialist – $42k-$62k – job ID: FP-1035-07/04 – Jan. 18
Private Equity Growth Capital Council – Director, Grassroots & Membership Outreach – Jan. 18
Nature Conservancy (use advanced search & job #, or scroll back):
- Associate Director of Philanthropy, Virginia (12564) – Charlottesville, Va. – Jan. 18
- Communications Manager, Hispanic Markets (12800) – fluency in Spanish a must – Jan. 20
- Production Manager (12793) – experience w/ QuarkExpress & InDesign required – Jan. 20
Internal Revenue Service – Public Affairs Specialist – $105k-$136k – job ID: 11AU3-CLX0146-1035-14-PT – Jan. 19
NASA – Legislative Affairs Specialist – $51k-$97k – job ID: HQ11B0061 – Jan. 19
- Communications Officer, Latin America and the Caribbean External Affairs group – Spanish fluency required – Jan. 19
- Communications Officer for the Consultative Group to Assist the World’s Poor – Jan. 20
- Communications Associate – Jan. 20
- Special Events Associate – Jan. 20
- Legislative Associate, Better World Campaign – Jan. 21
- Admin Assistant, Global Health – Jan. 21
- Director of Operations, mHealth Alliance – Jan. 21
Natural Resources Defense Council – Press Secretary – Jan. 21
Overseas Private Investment Corporation – Public Affairs Specialist – $89k-$115k – job ID: OPIC-11-0003 – Jan. 21
Virginia Society for Certified Public Accountants – Marketing Consultant – Glen Allen, Va. – apply by Jan. 21
Brookings Institution – Policy/Research Assistant, Metropolitan Policy Program – Jan. 22
Project Isuga – sellers of handmade scarves that help feed/educate orphans in Africa – promise you a meaningful Social Media Intern experience this Spring or Summer.
Our friends at the Pew Charitable Trusts are still actively seeking candidates for this Senior Officer, Communications, Medical Safety Portfolio position, involving surely-challenging work on antibiotics resistance and industrial farming issues. Of newer vintage with PCT is this Senior Research Associate, Pew Center on the States opportunity.
Several excellent (and confirmed as available) opportunities with the American Enterprise Institute (scroll down):
- Research Assistant, Russian Studies – proficiency in Russian is, quite naturally, required
- Online Communications Manager
- Managing Editor, Website
- Government Relations Associate Director
- Conference Assistant
- Development Officer, Major Gifts
- Critical Threats Project Analyst – Iran Studies
Public relations and sports/event marketing firm Swanson Communications has an immediate opening for an Intern of the energetic and motivated variety.
We’re always a little confused by the Washington Post’s profusion of career sites – this one seems pretty comprehensive – but then there’s this one, too (which seems to bring up different opportunities) – neither of which provided a gateway to this National Political Web Editor for their PostPolitics.com operation – apply by Jan. 28.
Also baffling: we couldn’t replicate this Editorial Assistant position with the Associated Press via the apply link provided or the main AP career page. We did find an Editorial Assistant slot in Chicago, IL – and other DC-based radio/tv newsperson/production opportunities (search DC location).
Kickstart’s premise – it’s actually better to sell development tools (like irrigation pumps), rather than give them away – here’s how their math works out. Seeking Director of Government Relations with significant international agriculture/development experience.
Here’s a serious job with a serious damn title – Senior Associate, Crimes Against Humanity with Human Rights First – apply by Feb. 4. Also available: Senior Associate, Human Rights Defenders Program and multiple Intern opportunities.
Institute for Humane Studies:
- Fundraising Campaign Manager
- Office Assistant – part-time
- Policy Programs Director
- Program Director, Human Studies Fellowship Program
- Senior Development Officer
New Democrat Network – Assistant to the President – apply by Jan. 18
RESULTS fights poverty/disease worldwide:
Raytheon – Senior Manager, Government Relations (search keyword government relations or req ID 12897BR) – knowledge of US and foreign missile defense programs and US military departments’ naval and air defense programs required, along with Top Secret clearance.
American Physical Therapy Association:
- Associate Director, Social/New Media
- Director, Federal Government Affairs
- Admin Assistant and Admin Assistant, Payment Policy
Carnegie Endowment for International Peace:
- Intern, Fundraising – apply by Jan. 18
- Research Associate, Energy & Climate – fluency in Mandarin required – apply by Jan 18
- Senior Researcher, Education and Senior Researcher, Political Economy – fluency in Arabic required and Jan. 18 application deadline for both
- Program Manager, Russia & Eurasia – proficiency in Russian preferred – apply by Jan. 31
- Research Intern, Turkey – fluency in Turkish required – apply by Jan. 31
- Stanton Nuclear Security Fellowship – apply by Jan. 31