The Human Rights Campaign seeks Online Campaigns Manager to help mobilize supporters of LGBT equality and generate online and on-the-ground action in support of HRC’s mission. Campaign and communications strategy skills and experience using blogs, social networking, viral marketing, and internet video distribution is desired.
Dept. of the Treasury – Senior Writer/Editor – $105k-$155k – job ID: 11-DO-461DH –supporting the Office of Financial Stability – apply by Mar. 24
Glover Park Group:
Knowland Group, a software technology firm seeks a Director of Communications who can generate buzz for their hotel/hospitality industry client base. Must have multiple years of experience generating news stories/excitement for previous political candidates, employers, products, clients, etc. – can also search here.
WAMU 88.5 – Director of Special Events – $70k-$80k – five years of progressively responsible management experience in event planning and coordination is required; experience with sales (hospitality and catering) and with a theater box office are a plus.
American Board for Certification of Teacher Excellence:
State Department – Public Affairs Specialist – $51k-$67k – job ID: HRSC-G/TIP-2011-0008 – supporting the Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons – apply by Mar. 21
Marginally-mysterious (just google the fax # provided) mid-size national trade association seeks Director of Communications – event promotion experience a plus
Citizens Against Government Waste – Policy Public Affairs Associate – any job that involves working on something called the Pig Book has to be fun, right?
American Society of Anesthesiologists – Grassroots Program Administrator
Fujitsu – Government Relations Manager – information and communications technology related legislative, legal, regulatory, and policy experience preferred
- Joint Economic Committee, Democratic Staff – Economist – relevant PhD required
- Joint Economic Committee, Democratic Staff – Policy Analyst
- Appropriations Committee – Legislative Director
- Rep. Betty Sutton (D-OH) – Intern
- Rep. Bobby Schilling (R-IL) – Intern
- House Budget Committee, Republican Staff – Intern
- Moderate West Coast Democrat – Legislative Director
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) – Intern – available immediately
- Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA) – Intern, Summer and Intern, Right Now
American Council of Trustees & Alumni – Office Manager – search managed by Talent Market
- New Media Content Editor
- Director, Station Development Services – significant fundraising/development skills & experience required
- News & Public Affairs Intern
- Policy Analyst, International Programs (scroll down) – French language skills desirable
- Internships – $10-18/hr – apply by Apr. 11
American Diabetes Association – Internship, Special Events
Newish (posted since 3/13) with the Aspen Institute:
- Program Manager, Skills for America's Future
- Project Associate, Advocacy Planning & Evaluation Program
- Intern, Education & Society Program – $12-15/hr
US Green Building Council – Advocacy & Policy Summer Associate (meaning: paid Intern) – apply by April 15 – more Summer Associate slots available (scroll down)
Best wishes for a pleasant, catch-up-on-your-sleep kind of weekend from your favorite™ public affairs & communications jobs resource.