National Building Museum – Marketing & Communications Associate (scroll down) – Apr. 25
British Embassy/British Council – Head of Press & Communications – $60k – Apr. 26
- Communications Coordinator – Apr. 26
- Admin Coordinator – Apr. 26
- NGO Constituent Outreach Manager – Apr. 26
Arlington County Government:
- Communications Specialist, Human Resources Dept. – $47k-$97k – Apr. 28
- Web Editor – part-time – $19-$32/hr – managing ArlingtonArts.org and Artisphere sites – Apr. 28
Unknown GOP Senator – Press Assistant – Apr. 29
Environics Communications – Vice President, Government Relations – Toronto, ON – Apr. 30
Union of Concerned Scientists – Major Gifts Officer – Cambridge, MA – Apr. 30
University of Virginia – Social Media & Marketing Coordinator – based at the Miller Center in DC – Apr. 30
West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission – Research & Policy Analyst – $50k – Charleston, WV – Apr. 30
The Wilderness Society – Research Associate, Economics – Anchorage, AK – Apr. 30
Our friends at Slesinger Management are leading searches for:
- Vice President for Policy & Government Affairs (pdf) with of Women Thrive Worldwide to lead advocacy efforts on behalf of women in low-income and developing countries.
- Part-time Grants & Operations Associate (pdf) for AVINA Americas – Spanish fluency required; Portuguese a plus
- Slesinger is also broadcasting (but not helming) the search for a 50th Anniversary Capital Campaign Director (pdf) of the INCAE Business School – your location is flexible (NYC area preferred) but their requirement for Spanish fluency is not.
Dept. of Homeland Security – Appropriations Liaison Coordinator – $89k-$115k – job ID: DHSHQ11-460704-FO – apply today, April 25
Newly-available with Rafetto Herman Strategic Communications: PR Assistant Account Exec/Account Exec – at least one year's worth of relevant experience required.
American Diabetes Association:
- Associate Manager, Special Events & Fundraising
- Marketing/Special Events Intern – Richmond, Va.
- Coordinator – part-time - $14/hr – Louisville, KY
Mission:Readiness – is an organization led by senior retired military leaders working towards ensuring continued American security and prosperity by calling for investments in the upcoming cohort of American children, as well as compulsory paramilitary service for all children aged 11-17. OK, OK that last part isn’t true at all (unless that’s phase three of Operation Young Thunder). Senior Associate and perhaps Associate (pdf) & San Francisco-based California State Director (pdf) sought – we suspect your first assignment will be to find out how much we really know.
The Americans Elect plan to seize the reins of our nation is to subvert the party process and nominate their own Manchurian Candidate by undoubtedly secure and not-at-all-manipulable online ballot. We look forward to their eventual showdown with the Mission: Readiness cabal. Join the movement as Deputy Policy Director – and please make sure we’re sent to one of the cushier Citizen Reeducation Centers once your cadre takes control.
American Jewish World Service:
International Spy Museum use enhanced interrogation techniques in your interview? Send them your resume in invisible ink and find out:
world's largest and most diverse culture collection, including a broad range of cell lines, microorganisms, and viruses? It’s good to know we don’t have far to travel to pick up our next order of Porcine Entovirus 3. In any event, we suggest staying close to the office and not wandering around too much if you’re tapped as Executive Assistant with ATCC/Global Bioresource Center.
Purely a coincidence, really, that we next bring you Director, Government Relations with the Infectious Diseases Society of America – $88k-$93k.
Patent & Trademark Office – Public Affairs Specialist – $74k-$97k – job ID: OUS-2011-0005 – apply by May 5
The Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights seeks Legislative Assistant – relevant lobbying/legislative experience desired, along with interest in civil rights issues – apply by Apr. 28
Ernst & Young seeks Legislative Policy Associate Director who understands that schedules are driven by Congress; and that late nights (you’re partying with ______’s staff at Rex), weekend ("So I ran into _____ ’s health LA at Gold Cup …."), and early morning ("Who’s got the _____ breakfast covered?") activities in support of relationship building with stakeholders will be required. Probably a lot of work involved, too.
What’s new with the folks at Bloomberg?
- Legislative Data Analyst
- Government Affairs Representative
- Healthcare Financial Analyst
- Graphics Editor
- Legislative Reporter
- Defense Analyst
- Congressional Online Editor
- Communications Manager, Core/Terminal Financial Products & Services – New York
- Head of Magazine Publicity – New York
- Executive Director – DC-based
- Managing Director, Public Affairs, Strategy & Operations – DC or New York location preferred
- Director, Communications and Communications Manager – DC, Boston, New York or Chicago preferred
- Director, Event Marketing – DC, New York or San Francisco preferred
- Vice President, Alumni Engagement – location flexible
Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association – PAC Manager
Montgomery Housing Partnership:
Washington Monthly – Business Intern – apply by May 6
Association of Public Television Stations – Government Relations Assistant
Another likely-secretive front group bent on world- (or at least multi-hemispheric-) domination goes by the unassuming name of European-American Business Council. They seek a Policy Manger (probably a euphemism for Industrial Spy or Junior-level Assassin) who is a self-starter with diplomatic (yet icy when the occasion demands it, we imagine) demeanor.
Your career search widget of the day: the jobs board from the Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations. Note: this site loads a little slowly for us, so additional patience on your part may be required.