Special Sunday Update – we just happened across this Politics, Press & Public Affairs Intern opportunity with the British Embassy's outpost in Boston, MA, and thought we'd share it with you today, given the Monday, May 16 application deadline.
The Zeno Group shows up last in our alphabetical listing of public relations firm career pages, so it only seems fair to give them the pole position in today’s run:
- Managing Director
- Account Supervisor, Consumer (scroll down for this one and following) – Los Angeles, CA
- Account Supervisor, Corporate – Chicago, IL
- Vice President, Social Marketing and Senior Vice President, Consumer – New York
American Academy of Ophthalmology:
- Manager, OPHTHPAC & Political Affairs
- Government Affairs Representative
- Marketing Communications Specialist – San Francisco, CA
- Program Coordinator, Center for Latin American & Latino Studies - $45k-$50k – fluency in Spanish required; Portuguese desired
- Senior Admin Assistant, History Dept. - $15-$17/hr
- Public Address Announcer, University Athletics – part-time – $15/hr
- Admin Assistant, Pew Health Group
- Senior Officer, International Ocean Conservation
- Admin Assistant, Government Relations
- Assistant Managing Director, Philanthropic Partnership Group
- Pew Leadership Year Fellow, Video – Pew Environment Group – apply by May 23
- Admin Assistant, Information Initiatives – Philadelphia, PA
- Associate, Executive Office – Philadelphia, PA
State Department – Public Affairs Specialist – $89k-$115k – job ID: DS-2011-0393 – apply by May 26
Glover Park Group:
World Bank – Communications Officer – supporting the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research – apply by May 26
DC, Baltimore or Indianapolis are your possible landing spots as Communications Manager with the National Government Services subsidiary of Wellpoint, Inc.
Lockheed-Martin – Communications Specialist – previous working experience working with/for the FAA desired
Battelle – Communications Specialist – Five to ten years of communications experience required, along with knowledge of military or government communications and/or public affairs experience. Knowledge and experience with issues related to wounded veterans and the impact of wounded veterans on their families is highly desired.
James Madison University – Director of Athletics Marketing & Promotion – $43k – Harrisonburg, Va. – apply by May 23
Nearly full-time (75%) Development Director position available with LGBT labor group Pride at Work – seeking candidates with proven track record in development for progressive nonprofits.
Be sure to mention that you’re goal-oriented in your cover letter to the U.S. Soccer Federation:
New Leaders Council seeks Executive Director to help develop future progressive leadership – $60k – can be based in DC, San Francisco, Boston, New York - apply by May 22
Normally, we wouldn’t include a job title like Real Estate Specialist with Arlington County in our listings, but we figure we have at least a couple folks with the J.D. degree and contracts experience that is desirable for this position - $40k-$93k – apply by May 26
And here’s a bonus outside-the-cubicle Arlington County opportunity: need to get plenty of exercise this summer? Maybe Public Service Aide (i.e. – Meter Maid or Meter Man) is the way to go – $26k-$41k – apply by May 19
Friday’s baffling-to-us job resource is DC Urban Employ, whose current business model appears to be based on making folks register to see jobs otherwise directly available on Idealist.
On that confounding note, your favorite™ public affairs jobs resource will see you at our favorite watering hole, where the usual happy hour deal is being extended all evening as the endpoint of their 5 year anniversary fest.