Engage, an interactive public affairs firm whose clients include Presidential candidates, corporations, and think tanks/advocacy groups, is hiring for two positions – Account Executive in its Media and Public Affairs division and Executive Assistant (scroll down).
How’s your French? If you answered: fluent, Vocus would welcome your application for French NewsCrafters Editor position – in which you’ll review dozens of press release submissions daily from France and provide writing and distribution support. Strong writing skills also a must.
The Washington Center:
- Manager, Democratic National Convention Seminar – part-time position starting Sept. 2011, involving approximately 5 hours/wk in Fall 2011, about 8 hours/wk in Spring 2012 and full-time starting May 2012; position ends Sept. 2012.
- Manager, Campaign 2012 Seminar Series – full-time, temporary position – Sept. 2011-Mar. 2013. Travel to the national political conventions in summer 2012 over a four week period is required.
Treasury Dept. – Senior Legislative & External Communications Specialist – $89k-$115k – job ID: 11-DO-763P – apply by July 26
- Moderate California Democrat – Legislative Correspondent and Legislative Assistant
- Rep. Betty Sutton (D-OH) – Interns, Fall 2011
- Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-MT) – Interns, Fall 2011
- Mystery Arkansas Republican – Intern, Fall 2011
- Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) – Interns, Fall 2011
- Senior Midwest Democrat – Communications Director
- Rep. Leonard Boswell (D-IA) – Interns – August start date
- Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-TX) – Legislative Correspondent and Interns sought – Spanish a plus
- Texas Progressive MoC – Staff Assistant/Scheduler
USO – Senior Editor (scroll to find) for On Patrol magazine
Defense Logistics Agency – Public Affairs Specialist – $74k-$97k – job ID: DLAEnergy-11-500672-DE – apply by July 19 – we’ve previously noted this very similar position with a July 14 deadline, as well.
- Special Assistant, Election Law Practice
- Marketing Communications Manager
- Graphic Designer – temporary position
A few new opportunities with the International Center for Research on Women:
Mystery employer seeks Social Media Marketing Manager (search via DC location or job # 4704) – innovation, rigor of analysis, enthusiasm, and embrace of the Golden Rule all sought – search managed by Numeric.
Allianz USA – External Affairs Coordinator – your duties include keeping up with global government affairs activities via the Berlin and Brussels offices, although we have no idea if you’ll ever actually get to actually visit your Euro-colleagues – $45k-$50k
Your job-search tool of the day is the PR Coach, whose offerings include a job board and a list of PR job-search resources.