Now, on to previously-noted opportunities closing this week:
George Mason University – Assistant Director of Annual Giving (scroll to find or search by position #01872z) – July 11
National Building Museum – Vice President of Development – July 11
United Nations Foundation – Associate, Program Events – July 11
DC Government – Public Information Officer, Dept. of Human Resources – $88k-$123k – July 12
General Services Administration – Special Assistant – $51k-$67k – job ID: 1100224TC05-DE – July 12
Defense Logistics Agency – Public Affairs Specialist – full-time temp, NTE 1 year – $74k-$97k – job ID: DLAEnergy-11-498850-DE – July 14
Dept. of State – Writer/Editor – $89k-$115k – job ID: ECA-2011-0105 – for Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs – July 14
- Resources Coordinator, College of Law – $33k-$36k – July 15
- Public Relations Coordinator, College of Law – $45k-$50k – July 15
- Associate Director, Health Law Program – $75k-$80k – July 15
Chesapeake Bay Foundation – Seasonal Field Educators at island residential environmental education centers in the Bay – July 15
International Baccalaureate – Sr. Marketing and Communications Manager, Schools Division – apply by July 15 (deadline per this link)
Library of Congress – Director of Communications – $119k-$165k – job ID: 10079 – July 15
Marine Conservation Institute:
- Director of Foundation Giving – DC or Belleview, WA – July 15
- Legislative Director (scroll down) – July 15
Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC) – Caseworker/Commission on Black Men & Boys Coordinator – $40k-$43k – July 15
Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press – Managing Editor – $40k-$45k – July 15
Vietnam Education Foundation – Program Associate – $35k-$50k – job ID: VEF-2011-03 – July 15
World Food Program – Public Policy Associate – July 15
YMCA of Metro DC – News & Media Coordinator – $40k-$42k – July 15
____________________________Mystery trade association seeks Exec Assistant for Gov’t Affairs VP for what they deem an exciting opportunity; your results may vary. Search managed by the TRAK Companies.
Widmeyer Communications is looking for a Vice President their PreK-12 education practice group in either DC or NYC office – at least 8 years of relevant communications/PR experience required; strong familiarity with national/state education policy and issues, and contacts among education reporters and influentials a plus.
New with the Sierra Club since we recently checked in (except for the Compliance Officer opportunity, which we just overlooked then):
- National Political Director
- Labor & Coal Coordinator
- Senior Compliance Officer – directs activities to ensure the compliance with all applicable state and federal lobbying regs & reporting requirements
- Campaign Analyst, Research – DC or San Francisco, CA
- Campaign Representative (unspecified North Carolina location) and Regional Campaign Director (Southeastern region, location TBD) for the Beyond Coal campaign.
- National Communications Strategist, Beyond Oil – San Francisco, CA
- Advancement Director, Western Region – San Francisco, CA
The Chrysler Group (Fiat, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and Mopar brands) seeks Senior Manager, Federal Affairs.
Direct from Friday’s comments field, we bring opportunities with New Leaders for New Schools:
- Development Manager
- Director of Development – New Orleans, LA
- Corporate Development Manager – Grant Manager – Development Intern – New York
The German Marshall Fund of the U.S. seeks an Online Communications Specialist to serve the web needs of their self-assessed dynamic transatlantic organization; they’re also in the market for a Receptionist.
Association Management Group is assisting their client, the National Association of Forest Owners in identifying Vice President of Communications and Operations & Government Relations Manager hires.
Odin, Feldman & Pittleman seeks Marketing Communications Manager – law firm or professional services marketing experience is desired
Association of American Medical Colleges:
- Legislative Analyst
- Staff Associate – manages AspiringDocs.org website & community
- Program Specialist, Communications & Alumni Initiatives
- research/admin positions also available
American Gas Association:
Advisory Board doesn’t seem like the kind of group that let a filled post languish on their career site – Managing Director, Government Affairs.
The Campaign for America’s Future seeks a Conference Assistant who is a well-organized team player with a commitment to and interest in progressive issues – $12/hr – Aug-Oct term. Call for Fall 2011 Interns also noted.
National Community Action Foundation – Legislative Assistant
Environmental Protection Agency – Communications Specialist – $62k-$97k – job ID: RTP-OA-DE-2011-0020 – apply by July 21
National League of Cities:
Solar Energy Industries Association – Receptionist/Office Manager (pdf)
Here’s a DCPA+CJ first: a job in Myrtle Beach, SC – Media & Public Relations Specialist position with the seemingly fun-loving folks at the Brandon Agency.
You job search tool of the day: the Non-Profit Management Jobs site/search engine.