Click here or scroll back for jobs closing this week.
The Union of Concerned Scientists seeks a Program Manager to help launch their Center for Science & Democracy – experience in program/project management & conference/event planning desired – DC or Cambridge, MA – apply by Sept. 16
University of Virginia Alumni Association – Charlottesville, Va.*
- Assistant Director, Alumni Interest Groups (pdf) – will serve as a liaison for approximately 15 alumni interest groups and 20 regional clubs
- Assistant Director for Fraternities & Sororities (pdf) – manages existing clients, contracts and maintains communications, annual giving and reunion programs for over 25 fraternity, sorority and other alumni groups
The Independent Insurance Agents of America seek Online Editor to report, write & edit the Big I's newsletter and web properties. Ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree in journalism or related field, & 1-3 years of business, trade, association or other relevant reporting/editing experience.
Latest opportunity in the DC offices of Burson-Marsteller is Senior Associate, Issues & Crisis Group – seeking candidates with 4-6 years relevant PR/public affairs experience.
Open Society Institute:
- Program Assistant, Grassroots Justice – apply by Sept. 16
- Program Officer, LGBTI Initiative – apply by Sept. 16
- multiple program/admin positions available in New York
Not right around the corner: this Atlanta-based Associate Director, Water Supply post with American Rivers focusing on the Flint River region. Experience in state water management policy, water efficiency policy and programs, federal policy, and knowledge of federal and state natural resource laws and policy preferred.
Center for Responsive Politics:
George Mason University – Communications & Marketing Officer, University Libraries (search position # FA42Bz) – three to five years of communications/marketing experience with proven expertise in creating brochures, newsletters, press releases, promotional pieces and online communications required; graduate degree appears strongly preferred – apply by Sept. 21
New at Porter-Novelli:
- Senior Copywriter
- Account Exec, Public Affairs
- Senior Account Exec , Consumer – food issue experience preferred – Los Angeles, CA
These two slots are noted as newly-posted since 8/29 by National Public Radio:
Land Trust Alliance is looking to add to its fundraising team with new Grants Writer and Corporate Relations Manager hires.
George Washington University:
- Executive Director of Athletics Communications
- Director of Athletics Communications
- Associate Director of Law School Development/Annual Fund
The U.S.-Saudi Arabian Business Council is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to provide administrative, logistical, and project support to the President - $40k-$42k
International human rights capacity-building organization Global Rights seeks Senior Manager, Development & Communications – experience with U.S. government proposal writing and reporting processes, preferably USAID, and European bilateral proposal writing and reporting experience preferred; French or Spanish language proficiency a plus.
TechnoServe supports entrepreneurial efforts in poor areas of the developing world to build businesses that create income, opportunity and economic growth – seeking Director of Major Gifts & Foundations – three to five years of experience working directly with major gifts in NGO environment sought
- Director, Federal Government Affairs
- Policy Information Manager
- Director/Senior Director, Regulatory Policy & Intelligence
We’re not sure what to make of the phrase external applicants may be considered as of Sept. 17, 2011 in this externally-posted Assistant Director, Public Affairs (may have to scroll down) position with the American Federation of Teachers. As of 9/4, it does not appear at the main AFT careers page (click on individual categories at left).
Raytheon – Senior Graphic Artist (search req ID 19742BR or publications/graphic arts category) – must have experience with at least three of the following applications: Publisher, Project, and Visio; Adobe CS programs to include Photoshop, Sony Sound Forge 7.0, and Vegas Pro 8.0, AutoCAD 2003, Nero 9.0, Arcview, Analyst Notebook
Bethesda’s Fixation Marketing is looking for a detail-obsessive Creative Project & Production Manager who knows their way around printing, production, digital, trafficking, and advertising agencies and can ensure agency deliverables are produced and end up at their final destination on time and on par with Fixation standards.
National Women’s Law Center:
Council on Competitiveness – Communications Director – ideal candidates for this position will have a minimum of 5 years relevant public relations experience.
Ogilvy PR (search DC location or use req ID)
- Account Supervisor/Director, Health Sciences Communications (569BR) for their Feinstein Kean Healthcare affiliate
- Account Supervisor, Social Marketing (565 BR & 573BR)
- Assistant Account Exec, Social Marketing (570BR & 571BR)
Kentucky Medical Association – Director of Government Affairs – Lousville, KY
The American Pharmacists Association Foundation – Director of Development – $105k-$120k – minimum of 5 years’ successful fundraising experience, preferable in pharmacy or healthcare required; major gift experience, including solicitation of five- and six-figure first from individual donors strongly preferred
Anacostia Riverkeeper – Communications & Program Intern
National Rural Electric Cooperative Association – Online Producer/Senior Web Content Advisor – requires 5-7 years of journalism experience, including writing, editing, and proofreading
Here's the last the relatively high ratio of college-related positions popping up in the search boxes today: Director of Communications for St. John’s College – sometimes called the school of great books – Annapolis, MD – $45k
Your job search tool of the day: opportunities with a Capitol Hill focus from our friends at Cloture Club.
* we used to live right across the street from your potential new workplace, too many years ago.