Nov. 1 is the deadline for Winter/Spring term Internships (Research and Editorial/Communications varieties) with the Migration Policy Institute
Hamilton Place Strategies seeks Policy Analyst with experience in conducting research and performing analysis, as well as a degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field. High level Excel skills also highly valued, as well as policy analysis/political background.
Prince William County – Public Information Specialist, Office of Economic Development – $42k-$68k – Manassas, Va. – apply by Sept. 28
AcademyHealth, the professional home for health services researchers and policy analysts, is currently seeking a Research Assistant specializing in healthcare delivery/public health systems. Some internship or other relevant work experience required; one or more years of experience in a health policy setting preferred – $35k-$40k
- Senior News Editor, WAMU 88.5 – $55k-$65k – apply today, Sept. 23
- Assistant Director, Research & Prospect Management – $37k-$45k – development/fundraising
Staying on the America’s Dairyland beat: Harley Davidson – Coordinator, Museum Communications (search communications category) – part-time – Milwaukee, WI
Alliance to Save Energy – Development Director – $90k-$130k – Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification preferred, and/or a minimum 5 years demonstrated successful fundraising experience preferably in an energy-related field or environmental discipline.
We have no idea whether the polling/consulting pros at Benenson Strategy Group have filled the their Fall DC Intern slot, or the New York equivalent.
Materials giant ThyssenKrupp seeks Director of Communications – requires min. of seven years of related experience as a journalist, corporate spokesperson, Capitol Hill press secretary, trade association spokesperson, or media relations professional in a PR firm – search managed by Staffing Advisors.
Octagon Sports Marketing has a fresh call for an Account Manager (see link at right, scroll to find) – Knowledge of different types of celebrity-driven marketing programs (PR, endorsement, advertising, seeding, product placement, gifting suites, etc.) and pop-culture knowledge across all industries (music, entertainment, culinary, fashion, sports, etc.) are a big plus.
Treasury Dept. – Senior Legislative Coordinator – $96k-$174k – job ID: 11-DO-976P – apply by Oct. 5
Pew Charitable Trusts:
- Coordinator, Facilities Management
- Communications Manager for the Public Safety Performance Project – contract position
- Research Associate, Pew Center on the States
- Admin Associate, Health Impact Projects
The Tech Council of Maryland seeks Communications Specialist with at least 1-3 years of relevant experience with communications, writing, websites, social media and marketing; graphic experience helpful.
more chances get into Oktoberfest mode this weekend:
- Fort Meade – Sept. 23-25 – Fort Meade, MD
- Lovettsville – Sept. 23-25 – Lovettsville, Va.
- Mad Fox Brewing Co. – Sept. 24 – Falls Church, Va.
- Yards Park Blocktoberfest – Sept. 24 – outside Nationals Park in SW DC
- Das Best Oktoberfest – Sept. 24-25 – National Harbor, MD