First Focus is a bipartisan advocacy organization dedicated to making children and families a priority in federal policy and budget decisions – seeking Vice President of Communications with significant relevant communications and public policy experience. Communications Assistant also available.
It's not shown with this listing, but our friends at M+R Strategic Services tell us that they'd like your application for full-time Communications Intern post by Sept. 13. Pay/academic credit possible.
Center for Community Change:
- Senior Web Developer – successful candidate will be well-versed in HTML, XML, Java, PHP, SQL, Flash, and iFrame technologies, and have familiarity with CMS and CRM platforms such as Wordpress, Salsa, ActionKit, and Blackbaud’s NetCommunities or Raiser’s Edge
- Immigration Campaign Director – experience with immigration reform issues in the United States, including federal comprehensive immigration reform, the DREAM Act, DHS enforcement policies, and state and local immigration initiatives is strongly preferred
- Senior Media Relations Specialist – supporting political operations
- Communications Specialist – Retirement Security Program – DC or New York
- Assistant Athletics Communications Director
- Web & Social Media Editor, Journalism Lab – part-time – $25/hr
Pew Charitable Trusts:
- Senior Associate, Ocean Sciences Division
- Senior Associate, Strategy & Development/Health Group
- Admin Assistant, Philanthropic Partnership Group – and here’s an identically-titled listing
- Admin Assistant, Gov’t Relations/Environment Group
- Admin Assistant, Health Impact Project
- Officer, Philadelphia Research Initiative – Philadelphia, PA
Catholic Legal Immigration Network:
- Communications Officer
- scroll down for Resource & Development Officer and Development Coordinator/Grant Writer posts with the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
DoD/Defense Human Resources Activity – Communications Program Specialist – $89k-$115k – job ID: DHRA-11-531360-DE – apply by Sept. 13
Like beer? Like jazz? Not glued to college football Saturday afternoon? Check out the Thelonius Monk Institute of Jazz Benefit and North Coast Brewery extravaganza at Churchkey (14th & Rhode Island Ave, NW) on Saturday, Sept. 10 from 2-5 pm. Admission is free; proceeds go to support the Institute, and the beers are excellent.