The Community Foundation for the National Capital Region – a grant-making group with more than $360 million in assets – would like to grant you a small sliver of that bounty as Manager of Communications; strategic thinkers, strong writers & team players encouraged to apply.
- Interactive Services Assistant
- Deputy Director, Impact Economy/Philanthropy & Social Innovation
- Intern, Homeland Security (unpaid) and Intern, Education & Society ($12-$15/hr)
Opportunities with agricultural/environment & energy nonprofit consulting group Winrock International:
- Program Officer, Clean Energy
- New Business Associate – apply by Oct. 15
- Program Director, Agriculture – DC or Little Rock, AR
Ambitiously-named Big Fuel sits confidently astride the intersection of Madison Avenue and Hollywood; combining brand messaging and strategy with entertainment value and cultural relevance, delivering guaranteed and measurable consumer engagement for some of the biggest brands in the world – several social-media, marketing & digital strategy/execution slots available in New York, Seattle & Detroit
Scripps Network/Travel Channel – Manager, Public Relations – experience in cable television network and/or entertainment PR agency supporting TV network programming sought; must have excellent contacts with the consumer TV press, including relationships with key TV critics and writers at the dailies and weekly publications.
Boeing – Communications Specialist – located in increasingly bike-friendly Crystal City – apply by Oct. 18
As we’ve noted before, the University of Virginia often offers jobs like Web Communications Coordinator to internal candidates first, before releasing them to all audiences in the future – so keep an eye on this one - $34k-$52k – Charlottesville, Va.
Virginia Commonwealth University – Communication & Community Engagement Coordinator for the Bridging Richmond initiative – Richmond, Va. – Nov. 1 deadline noted, along this caveat: review of applications will begin in mid October 2011
International Arts & Artists:
- Events Coordinator/Gallery Assistant – temporary
- Development Intern and other Intern opportunities (scroll down)
- Mystery Southern Republican – Intern
- Un-named Senate Committee – Budget Review Professional
- California GOP’r – Intern
The Baltimore Jewish Council is currently seeking an Admin & Communications Assistant to support multiple Council programs, along with admin, communications and marketing-related duties – Baltimore, MD
Raytheon (search public relations category or use job ID):
- Public Affairs Manager (22685BR)
- Marketing & Communications Lead, Mission Operations and Services (22512BR)
- Public Relations/Graphics Media Manager (21882BR) – McKinney, TX
Mystery large national manufacturing trade association – Legislative/Communications Assistant – requires 1-3 years experience plus familiarity with the legislative process and/or trade association work
Financial Executives International seeks Director/Manager, Government Affairs hire with experience in of finance and tax issues; Hill experience desired but not a must.
Trinity Missions, a Catholic nonprofit fighting poverty domestically and in Central/South America seeks Online Communications Manager – Spanish language skills a plus
And here's the latest DC-based opportunity with our long-ago overlords (benevolent, in our experience) at Burson-Marsteller: HR Admin Assistant