Weekday-only DCPA+CJ visitors would be well advised to click here or scroll back to see some new jobs we posted Saturday.
Additional programming note: no new post scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 11 - we'll see you again Wednesday.
Now, on to previously noted opportunities closing this week.
Chesapeake Bay Foundation – Staff Attorney – Annapolis, MD – Oct. 10
Virginia Tech – Assistant to the Associate Vice Presidents, University Development – Blacksburg, Va. – Oct. 10
- Lead International Affairs/Communications Officer – Education for All/Fast Track Initiative – Oct. 10
- Coordinator, Secretariat for International Justice – Oct. 13
Smithsonian Institution – Digital Marketing Manager, Smithsonian Enterprises (pdf) – Oct. 11
American Society of Military Comptrollers – Communications Manager – Oct. 14
House Committee on Natural Resources – Policy Counsel – $75k-$100k – J.D. required – job ID: CONR-2011-05 – Oct. 14
Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC) – Communications Director – Oct. 14
Union of Concerned Scientists:
- Policy Analyst, Global Security – DC or Cambridge, MA – Oct. 14
- Energy Analyst – Chicago, IL – Oct. 14
Virginia Interfaith Center for Public Policy – President/CEO – Richmond, Va. – Oct. 15
Nature Conservancy (scroll to find or use job #):
- Accounts Assistant, Donor Reporting – Oct. 10
- Office Services Assistant (39394) and Office Services Coordinator (39390) – Oct. 12
- Communications Coordinator (39415) – part-time, temp. to May 2012 – Oct. 12
- Digital Marketing Specialist (39428) - Oct. 15
- Donor Relations Specialist – Oct. 16
- State Government Relations Director (39305) – Portland or Salem, OR – Oct. 16
Montgomery County Public Schools is seeking a Senior Communications Specialist – successful candidate will have extensive media and/or media relations experience; be comfortable on camera. Experience and/or understanding of K-12 education and proficiency in Spanish or another foreign language a plus – $71k-$100k.
Franklin, Va. – less than 20 miles west of the Great Dismal Swamp – could be your workday home as Mill Communications Manager for the folks at International Paper – apply by Oct. 13
The next Communications Officer/Production Coordinator for the World Bank will coordinate a small team to produce a range of multimedia products, including two to three minute stories, multimedia news releases, PSAs, testimonials, audio-slideshows, interviews and podcasts. Relevant video, broadcast and journalistic experience required – apply by Oct. 23
- Public Affairs & Communications Coordinator
- Manager, Political Research
- Manager, Youth Organizing – apply by Oct. 14
- Associate, Campus Organizing – apply by Oct. 14
- Associate, Latino Outreach – fluency in Spanish preferred
- Speechwriter – DC or New York
- Exec Assistant – to the EVP of Public Affairs & Communications
- Admin Assistant, International Health Division – temporary position
- Senior Manager, Communications – Domestic/Behavioral Health unit
Green for All – Communications Director – Oakland, CA
George Soros et al has some desks reserved in the New York offices of the Open Society Institute for various program associate/assistant types.
Scroll down to DC listings for Public Relations Manager slot with architecture, engineering & design cabal RTKL Associates.
George Washington University:
- Associate Director, Donor Relations
- Assistant Director, Outreach Activities – School of International Affairs, Middle East focus
- Development Assistant
- Senior Exec Director, Athletics Development
American Institute of CPAs:
Association of Public Television Stations – Interns: Legislative, Legal & Communications
National Trust for Historic Preservation:
Very active grassroots advocacy organization from an up-and-coming ethnic group seeks an experienced, energetic, media-savvy professional for Public Policy & Advocacy Coordinator contractor position. Part-time/contractor position status; $1,110/mo. We have no idea as to what constitutes an up-and-coming ethnic group.
The Structured & Corporate Finance Dept. of the Inter-American Development Bank seeks Communications Senior Associate – command of Spanish required; knowledge of Portuguese or French helpful – apply by Oct. 12
Montgomery County has the welcome mat out for an Intergovernmental Legislative Analyst (search general professional category) – you’ll be expected to spend much of your time in Annapolis when the Legislature is in session – apply by Oct. 24. We also see a Public Administration Intern post with the Health & Human Services Dept. – apply by Oct 13 for that one.
Habitat for Humanity:
- Advocacy Associate Director
- Director, Development Communications – Atlanta, GA
- more development/writing & web related positions are available in Atlanta
Online education and course development group K12 seeks Director, Communications
Novartis – (search DC location or use job ID #):
- Director, State Government Affairs & Public Policy (87797BR)
- Director, Federal Government Affairs, Public Policy & Alliance Development (81233BR)