Sunday afternoon holiday season extra treat: we just came across this Communications Assistant position supporting the School of Public Health at George Washington University with a Dec. 19 deadline, so we're adding it today.
Harley Davidson seeks Government Affairs Manager (search various/field based positions location or plug 873BR in the keyword box) with min. of 7 years of experience in government affairs or related activities. Vehicle (particularly motorcycle) industry background is a plus. This seems like a good time to mention that you can get on a Harley for the cost of a latte & scone per day.
Controller of the Currency – Director of Congressional Liaison – $121k-$224k – job ID: DEU-PB-12-018 – apply by Jan. 5
American Jewish Committee:
- Director, Asia-Pacific Institute – develop access throughout Asia (esp. India, China, and Japan) and employ that access to advocate AJC positions in those areas to individual governments, civil society, the media, and other sectors.
- Program & Development Assistant
- Assistant Legislative Director
- fundraising, management & admin opportunities – New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Denver, Philadelphia & Milburn, NJ
Pew Charitable Trusts:
- Officer, Government Relations – Pew Environment Group
- Senior Compliance Officer, Government Relations – paralegal experience desired
The American Farm Bureau Federation – Director, Federal Congressional Relations – specializing in labor policy & immigration-related issues – apply by Dec. 30
Lockheed Martin – Senior Communications Representative (search public relations job class or req ID 216680BR) – provides strategic communications support to SVP of HR & enterprise-wide functional HR organizations; secret clearance not required.
Almost-palindrome QinetiQ seeks Web Production Specialist – dependability, good attitude & strong work ethic are first among their wants; Sharepoint experience desirable
Local educational publishing group Alexander Street Press has Editor and Senior Editor posts to fill – top notch research skills and background in humanities/social sciences a plus
Big deal law firm Arnold & Porter is recruiting for a Marketing Coordinator for Events – as in seminars, conferences, webinars, etc.
Nature Conservancy (scroll to find or use job #):
- Grants Specialist (39586) – apply by Jan. 1
- Director, Climate Adaptation Policy (39593) – apply by Jan. 3
- Admin Assistant (39595) – Concord, NH – apply by Jan. 15
The University of Maryland, Baltimore County is in search mode for an Associate Director of Alumni Relations with at least two years of alumni relations and development experience in a higher education setting – Baltimore, MD (if that wasn't already clear to you) – apply by Jan. 13
American University/WAMU 88.5 – Grants Manager – part-time – $22-$25/hr – apply by Jan 3.
Ledo Consulting Group – Director of U.S. Government Affairs – $175k
The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund has Intern opportunities year-round focusing on areas such as grassroots mobilization, field organizing, internet projects, communications, marketing and events – as well as three Archival/Cataloging Intern (scroll down) posts available starting in January for students in museum studies, history, art history, or architectural history programs.
Best weekend wishes from your favorite™ public affairs jobs resource. We'll see you with another holiday-approaching M-W-F set next week.