Global Harvest Initiative, an agribusiness-supported effort to increase food production and sustainability worldwide, seeks Executive Director (pdf) with a background/experience in agricultural & international development as well as global food security issues – search managed by ProActive Communications – apply by Jan. 13
The Insured Retirement Institute seeks Communications & Marketing Director (pdf) with relevant communications background; grassroots & coalition-building experience helpful, familiarity with issues related financial services sector a plus.
- Manager of Government, Foundation & Corporate Support – Washington Institute for Public and International Affairs Research
- Director of Regional Advancement – $75k-$80k
- Grants & Contracts Assistant, School of International Services – part-time – $14-$17/hr – apply by Dec. 22
- Admin Assistant, School of Public Affairs – $16-$19/hr
- Capital Campaign Manager, WAMU 88.5 FM – $72k-$75k
- Coordinator, Center on International Arbitration – part-time – $17/hr
Green Door, a non-profit organization that prepares women and men with mental illness to work and live in the community, is seeking a full-time Development Assistant – $30k-$32k
United Food & Commercial Workers Union:
- Senior Communications Specialist – media relations focus
- Senior Writer
- Senior Communications Specialist – legislative/political focus
- Senior Media Outreach Coordinator
McFadden – the only humanitarian assistance, disaster assistance and international development firm that sounds like an Irish pub – has a spot behind the bar for a Strategic Communications Advisor.
New since we last checked in w/ our pals at Ketchum:
- Managing Account Supervisor
- Vice President, Business Development – Ketchum Digital – New York
- Account Supervisor – New York
- Project Manager, Global Research – New York
- Social Digital Strategist – Chicago, IL
Portlandia returns on Jan. 6 – perhaps just as the folks at Portland Community College (as in Portland, OR) will be giving your CV the once over for Government Relations Manager post – $66k-$95k – apply by Dec. 28
Rails to Trails Conservancy:
Congressional Management Foundation – Vice President – portfolio includes fundraising, admin/management, personnel and strategic planning.
Elizabeth Warren enthusiasts/wannabes might want to check out this Senior Officer, Financial Security Portfolio opportunity with the Pew Charitable Trusts, where you’ll conduct legal analysis and review of consumer financial products and services and draft reports and fact sheets based on this work – JD required.
- Director of Development
- Events & Data Coordinator – high $30k – low $40k
- Communications & Public Relations Manager – Doha, Qatar
- Assistant Private Secretary/Scheduler – $44k – apply by Dec. 20
- Visits Officer – $38k – apply by Dec. 20
- Security Officer – $33k – apply by Dec. 16
eBay – Associate Manager of External Affairs – government relations, grassroots/fly-ins, and PAC-related duties predominant. Probably no spying.
Best weekend wishes from your favorite™ public affairs jobs resource. Our plans include a stop at the just-reopened Evening Star/Majestic Lounge in Del Ray – see you there.