The venerable Holton Arms School seeks a Brand Manager & Director of Strategic Communications to reposition its brand and better tell its story to current and prospective families, alumnae, and the broader community. Top candidates will be well-versed in web, social media, and video/multimedia, as well as press relations, speeches, graphic design, publications and other written messaging. A passion for women’s education and/or advocacy is a must. Can also search here if previous link proves nettlesome.
- Senior Advocate, Women’s & Children’s Rights – apply by Feb. 19
- Intern, Partnership for Effective Peacekeeping
- we have it on good authority that this Communications Intern post has not yet been filled, as well
Unknown international nonprofit – Development Officer – experience socially responsible business issues and/or knowledge of the South Asian region a plus.
Did you know that the World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency? Surely that’s one of your talking points during your 6-to-11 month consultancy as Global Marketing Manager. Seeking candidates with 5-10 years’ relevant experience with a focus on cause-related marketing/brand awareness – apply by Feb. 19.
Primescape Solutions (click on career opportunities)
- New Media Specialist – range of online, graphics and video editing/streaming skills sought
- Social Media Writer – as you might guess, good writing is key to your success here.
… which reminds us to check in on the International Monetary Fund, where all we could unearth is are Board Operations Officers slots for bright folk with a graduate degree in economics, international finance or a related field and some work experience in economic analysis, with a good understanding of macroeconomics and international economic issues . As noted here, application deadline is Mar. 1.
Aspirants with a minimum of 4 years experience in media relations and campaign communications, preferably with public policy or nonprofit advocacy organizations, should take special notice of this Senior Communications Associate post supporting the effective & essential Children’s Dental Campaign of the Pew Charitable Trusts. Other fine & fresh opportunities in the Pew empire include:
- Associate and Senior Associate with the Pew Health Group’s FDA Modernization Initiative
- Manager, Donor Relations
- Associate, Clean Energy Program
- Research Associate, States’ Health Care Costs Project
- Senior Associate, Medical Safety
Fancy yourself a strong writer and editor, a stealthy researcher and a social media savant? Add an interest in beauty PR to the mix and you’re qualified to apply for this Assistant Account Exec post with AE Public Relations.
Potomac Group Communications – PR Coordinator – 1-3 years experience required
Newer opportunities with National Public Radio:
- Production Assistant
- Project Coordinator, Digital News Training Team
- Editorial Director – Boston, MA
Deltek – Copywriter – marketing focus
Center for Reproductive Rights – Manager of Donor Research & Trends – five or more years of experience in prospect research or related discipline required – note to current college folk: your school’s alumni/fundraising operation would be a great place to acquire these nosy skills.
Hudson Institute – Feb. 10 application deadline for the following:
Big-deal architecture collective HOK will admit you into their presumably snazzy offices as a Marketing Coordinator (search DC location).
Center for a New American Society – Director of External Affairs – top candidates will combine public affairs experience with background in national security, defense, military and foreign policy sphere.Equal Justice Works
- Communications Specialist
- Senior Manager, Federal Programs & Strategic Initiatives – $70k-$90k – minimum of six years program development, management & government grants implementation experience required
- Events Specialist
- Senior Program Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Program Officer, Communications & Marketing – Atlanta, GA
- Social Media Intern
The anti-violence advocates and misadventure-stoppers of the Safe States Alliance seek part-time Government Affairs Consultant – $35-$40/hr – apply by Feb. 6
We've noted it before, but this Public Relations/Marketing Specialist post with Arlington County deserves another mention – $56k-$103k.
We're already dreaming of happy hour, possibly here or maybe here. Best wishes for a fine weekend from your favorite™ public affairs jobs resource