Monday's edition features several science, medical-sector and other filled-with-sharp-people organizations seeking CVs from genuinely intelligent life forms – like you, we hope.
You scroll back or go here for previously noted opportunities closing this week.
The National Academies, research leaders in science, medicine & engineering, seeks presumably big-brained (as in ability to solve problems of appreciable variety and complexity) Communications/ Media Relations Specialist – experience with InDesign a must.
The National Science Teachers Association seeks Executive Director with knowledge of the profession, management & leadership attributes, strong communications skills, and demonstrated fundraising ability.
New at FHI 360 since our early May humanitarian/relief jobs special:
- Program Officer/Managing Editor
- Media Relations Specialist – DC or Research Triangle Park, NC
- PR Intern and Media Content Analysis Intern
Public Affairs Specialist – $62k-$97k – job ID: HHS-OS-DE-12-679824 – apply by June 20
Association of American Medical Colleges
- Manager of Outreach and Communications – responsible for the creation, implementation and management of all outreach and communication efforts for the newly revised MCAT 2015 exam
- Writer/Editor for AAMC Reporter, plus other products/duties
American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Senior Government Relations Officer
- Project Director, Mass Media Fellowship Program
- Director, Web & New Media
- Outreach & Engagement Intern
George Washington University
- Senior Director, Alumni Services & Benefits
- Director, Alumni Volunteer Services
- Associate Director, Law School Alumni Relations
- Writer/Editor for GW Magazine
- Public Affairs Outreach Specialist – background in public affairs, event coordination, meeting facilitation, or related communications field and a broad understanding of community outreach in the environmental industry and the public sector is required.
- Communications Analyst – seeking candidates with at least two years experience as communications specialist (public affairs/relations work for governmental or non-profit organizations, Congressional offices, or analytical work in other environment)
- Program Manager for Civic Engagement (pdf) – Orlando, FL
- Associate Manager of Grants, Research & Development (pdf) – Los Angeles, CA
Apply by July 16 for the Ocean Leadership’s Fall Policy internship – $1,500/mo stipend.
Drug Policy Alliance
- Deputy Executive Director, External Affairs – New York – search managed by Gumbs + Partners
- DC-based Legislative Affairs Intern, Fall 2012 – apply by July 6
- Admin Assistant, State Government Relations & External Mobilization
- Senior Writer/Communications Advisor
The International Food Policy Research Institute seeks a Head of Outreach to develop and manage strategies to communicate IFPRI’s research and activities to external audiences via media, social media, web, video, and seminars/events. Multiple research, program & admin positions also available.
American Geophysical Union – Public Information Specialist, Social Media/Awards
Smithsonian Institution – Director, Office of International Relations – $119k-$165k – job ID: EX-12-17 – apply by July 5
MillerCoors – Director, Regional State Government Affairs (search government affairs function or req ID 2960BR) – Roseville, CA
Public Health Foundation – Marketing & Communications Interns
The Society for Human Resource Development seeks Director, Development to lead the full range of fund development processes for the Annual Campaign with an annual goal of $1,000,000 – 7-10 years of successful non-profit fundraising experience required.