The Eurasia Foundation seeks Communications & Development Intern for graphic design, writing, copyediting and administrative support as well as assistance with events – familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and InDesign, or other publishing/layout software required – as is a one-year commitment for this paid position.
The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network, the nation’s largest anti-sexual assault organization, seeks Vice President of Public Policy to head up research, policy development and advocacy efforts. Minimum of six years legislative work required; Hill experience and law degree are strongly preferred. You can also support RAINN’s essential work by using their online portal/app to major online retailers.
N. Chapman Associates Inc., a consulting firm that specializes in food policy and health communication, has an excellent opportunity for a motivated PR/communications professional as a full-time Communications Associate. Your CV should include evidence of excellent writing & research skills, experience w/ promotional activities and ability to engage audiences through social media
Speaking of hot, how about some opportunities with your streaking & sweeping Washington Nationals:
- Director, Community Relations
- Senior Designer – print & online
- Game Day Guest Experience Representative
- Game Day Ticket Seller
- Special Police Officer – we'll bet the Nats will want you on board before the Phillies & Phriends return to DC again.
- Library Archives Specialist – $19-$20/hr
- Reporting Analyst, Development Dept. – part-time
- Director of Communications, WAMU 88.5 FM
- Research & Publications Coordinator for AU’s Intercultural Management Institute – low to mid $40k – apply today, July 6
- International Resource Coordinator, School of Law – $20-$23/hr – fluency in a second language and experience abroad is a plus – apply by July 9
- Assistant Editor for The Current – $45k – apply by July 10
Gawker Media – Event Assistant – part-time – New York
Pew Charitable Trusts
- Senior Associate, Reforming Animal Industrial Agriculture
- Deputy Director, Fiscal & Economic Policy Portfolio
- Senior Officer, Children’s Dental Campaign
- Manager, Children’s Dental Campaign
- Manager, Campaign for America’s Wilderness – Portland, OR
Biotechnology Industry Organization – Manager, Federal Government Relations – Capitol Hill and health policy background sought, as well as experience with biopharmaceutical issues.
Qivliq derives its name from the Iñupiat word for reflection – Communications Director – minimum of 10 years of strategic marketing and communications and employee communications experience required, ideally including time with a large organization.
Can a bar of soap save a life? SoapBox Soap’s answer is, not surprisingly, an emphatic yes! – Communications Associate (unpaid, part-time)
UVa./Virginia Foundation for the Humanities – Associate Producer for BackStory with the American History Guys – $32k-$56k – Charlottesville, Va.
Today’s Honolulu forecast: mostly sunny, mid-80s – Conservation International – Fisheries Collaboration Manager, Hawaii Fish Trust – sadly, for most of you, previous experience working with Hawaii marine resource laws and regulations appears to be a prerequisite.
For you plan-way-ahead types, the American Public Transportation Association wants you to know that they will start recruiting for a Policy Analyst hire in late October 2012 in hopes of filling the post by January.
The Organization for International Investment, effective advocate for U.S. subsidiaries of foreign companies, seeks Communications Director – background in global business policy issues would be a plus.
Philips – Thought Leadership Communications Director – establishes and manages a North American thought leadership communications program that strategically aligns with Philips brand and business values, and supports the company's unique position on health and well-being. You could do that!
Say it fast enough, and maybe Mom will confuse your news of snagging a freelance Writer/Contributor post with the Weed Street Journal with employment at a slightly better known outlet with a similar name. Of course, the lie eventually falls apart, unless you can convince the folks that you're writing under the pseudonym of Holman Jenkins or Kimberly Strassel.
Best wishes for a nice weekend from your favorite™ public affairs jobs resource. Stay cool, stay thirsty, be safe, go Nats!