Also, scroll back to Sunday or click here for a healthy serving of previously-noted opportunities closing this week.
The American Legislative Exchange Council seeks Senior Director of Communications and Senior Director of Development to join them at their McPherson Square HQ – searches managed by Talent Market
The Hollings Center for International Dialogue, a non-profit dedicated to fostering dialogue between the U.S. and predominantly Muslim countries, seeks Communications & Admin Coordinator with broad set of communications and computer-related competencies – apply by Oct. 31
New at Greenpeace since our late-September Environmental Special:
- Direct Marketing Production Coordinator
- Board Fundraising Manager – apply by Oct. 26
- Forest Senior Campaigner – DC or San Francisco, CA – apply by Oct. 31
- Intern, Digital Mobilisation Lab
American Association of Nurse Anesthetists seeks Associate Director Federal Government Affairs with experience in health policy, especially in Medicare and Medicaid, Health Resources and Services, and military and Veterans healthcare issues.
- Deputy Editor for Quartz
- Staff Writer/Reporter for Atlantic Cities
- Director of National Journal Live
- Events Manager with AtlanticLive
Avaya Government Solutions has an opening for a Public Relations Specialist supporting U.S. Navy communications and outreach activities – Secret clearance required – Indian Head, MD location
Charles Koch Institute
- Program Assistant, External Relations
- Associate Program, 2013-14
- Communications Intern
- Internships, Spring 2013 and Summer 2013
International Food Policy Research Institute – Senior Research Assistant/Analyst – for candidates with Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics or related field.
George Washington University
- Senior Director of Development Communications – apply today, Oct. 15
- Executive Associate, Foundation Relations – apply today, Oct. 15
- Associate VP of Development, Elliott School of International Affairs – description (currently) shows a Mar. 16 vintage, but also shows up among newly posted GW opportunities w/ fresh URL #, so who knows?
- Associate Director, Special Projects – medical center fundraising
- Associate Director, Foundation Relations
Government contractor & professional services company Attain seeks Public Affairs Specialist to support the essential work of the Army’s Rehabilitation and Reintegration Division
Living Cities harnesses the collective resources, experience and influence of 22 of the world’s largest philanthropic and financial institutions to improve the lives of low-income people and increase economic opportunity in America’s cities; your place in this constellation would be Strategic Communications and Engagement Associate, located in DC or New York – search managed by Commongood Careers
The American Farm Bureau Federation seeks Executive Director, Communications with a minimum of ten years of relevant communications experience, including strategic planning, budgeting, media relations, advertising, and digital communications; experience with agricultural issues a plus – apply by Nov. 30
U.S Coast Guard – Public Affairs Specialist – $89k-$115k – job ID: 12-2130-HQ-PW-D – apply by Oct. 24
Homeland security-focused and dog-loving management consulting & IT company Arc Aspicio seeks Communications Specialist with at least two years’ experience in technical writing and strategic communications – Annapolis Junction, MD
Latest with the World Wildlife Fund:
Public Relations Program Manager for your new teammates at Sprint – another really nicely worded description here, by the way.
Dominion Enterprises – Communications & Public Relations Coordinator – proficiency in AP style with excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills required; experience with Omniture Analytics, Wordpress, Vocus, Pitch Engine, and GoToMeeting preferred.
Laborers International Union of North America – Online/Social Media Activism Manager – at least three years of social media outreach experience or combination of website & social media experience required
Atlantic Council of the U.S.
- Director of Communications
- Associate/Assistant Director of Communications supporting the Hariri Middle East Center – Arabic language skills a plus
- Deputy Director, Advancement
CDRF Global – tagline: peace & prosperity through science collaboration – seeks Program Manager and Project Manager for nuclear non-proliferation issues
PBS – Content Management Intern – $12/hr – Nov. 2012 to Mar. 2013
Project on Middle East Democracy – Internships – policy, research, Egypt programs, communications, civil society partnerships – apply by Oct. 26
Open Society Foundation
- Senior Director for New Media supporting the Revenue Watch Institute – New York – apply by Oct. 26
- Senior Program Officer, Public Health – New York – apply by Nov. 9
- Legal Researcher Intern post available in DC and in New York – apply by Nov. 15
- Special Assistant, Advancement & Philanthropic Giving (pdf) – $89k-$115k – apply by Nov. 11
- Fundraising opportunities in support of the Museum of the American Indian include Major Gifts Officer (apply by Oct. 22) and Principal Gifts Officer (apply by Oct. 26)
A mystery national landscape maintenance firm headquartered in Gaithersburg seeks Director/Senior Vice President of Communications – search managed by Chaloner Associates
Carnegie Endowment for International Peace – Communications Intern – apply by Oct. 22
College of American Pathologists – searches managed by Association Strategies
- Senior Director, Legislation and Political Action – apply by Nov. 15
- Senior Director, Regulatory & Economic Affairs (pdf) – apply by Nov. 15
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists seek an Editorial Assistant for Obstetrics & Gynecology
The Personal Care Products Council seeks an experienced Communications Professional to direct media relations and external communications programs
The National Committee to Preserve Social Security & Medicare seeks Direct Marketing Assistant to help develop materials to
Union of Concerned Scientists – Development Associate – low $40k – Cambridge, MA – apply by Oct. 19
Education Week – Internships
The American Scholar – Intern
Your job search resource for today comes courtesy of the Omidyar Network, a philanthropic investment group that also curates jobs found at their portfolio organizations.