Mystery Arlington-based environmental advocacy group seeks Web Producer on temp-to-perm basis – experience w/ content management systems & basic web copywriting skills required – $17/hr to start – search managed by Brainstorm Creative Resources.
TechAmerica, the voice of the U.S. technology industry, seeks DC-based Director, State Government Affairs to keep on top of state legislative issues in region spanning Maine to Virginia – at least 5 years of previous lobbying/government relations experience required
Seattle-HQ’d international PR outfit Waggener Edstrom seeks fresh talent for their DC outpost:
- Account Manager, Public Affairs – strong understanding of public policy issues related to energy and environment, health and wellness, economy and business and technology and consumer product sectors particularly sought.
- Vice President, Public Affairs – seeking candidates with at least 12 years of professional communications experience; at least two-three years of which includes experience working in corporate or agency public affairs environment
- more available nation- and world-wide
Also housed there on the grounds near prettier-than-it-sounds Buzzard Point: Defense Security Cooperation Agency – Public Affairs Specialist – $62k-$81k – job ID: D-DSCA-792949-13 – apply today Dec. 7
And, in a related vein to the two jobs above, we also have a DC-based Iran Program Officer posting with the probably intense crew at the Institute for War & Peace Reporting – Persian language skills desirable. Looks like Neutrality Day celebrations in nearby Ashbagat are going to be comparatively low key this year.
Pew Charitable Trusts
- Senior Associate, State Policy/Results First Program
- Admin Assistant, Center on the States
- Executive Editor for Stateline
- Senior Associate, Public Safety Performance Project
Encore.org, self-assessed widely recognized leader in helping millions contribute to solving some of our greatest social problems by pursuing second acts for the greater good seeks Vice President, Communications to to be tasked with making them even more widely recognized, we suppose – San Francisco, CA – search managed by Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group
The CFP Board seeks Public Policy Counsel with JD and public policy/legislative research experience; knowledge of financial planning, financial services, securities, tax, insurance and / or ERISA strongly preferred – search managed by Staffing Advisors
GMYR PR has yet to post detailed Intern info for the Jan.-May term, but maybe you can just shoot them your resume, anyways.
Hey look! SEIU has migrated to the always-liked-by-us iCIMS recruiting platform – and you can check out this recent admin-oriented Operations-Logistics Assistant there.
The Family Online Safety Institute seeks Intern for 2-3 days a week's worth of work in the Penn Quarter offices this Spring
We just stumbled onto these fundraising-related opportunities with the Smithsonian Institution – three of which sport get-them-in-right-now! deadlines:
- Director of Programming & Stewardship (pdf) – apply today, Dec. 7
- Advancement Assistant, National Postal Museum (pdf) – apply today, Dec. 7
- Advancement Associate, National Postal Museum (pdf) – apply today, Dec. 7
- Graphic Designer, Office of Advancement (pdf) – apply by Dec. 12
- Advancement Assistant (pdf) – apply by Jan. 4
- Major Gifts Officer (pdf)
The Maryland-National Capital Park & Planning Commission has re-opened their search for a Director for the previously unknown-to-us, Smithsonian-affiliated College Park Aviation Museum – $53k-$92k – apply by Dec. 12. Also available from M-NCPPC are assorted intermittent Event & Admin gigs at the Show Place Arena & Prince George's Equestrian Center that could put up to $14/hr in your wallet.
Groupon seeks Manager of Communications to promote & manage speaking engagements for their senior execs – Chicago, IL
ICF International – Communications Lead (search communications category or job # 1200002968) – your 15+ years of relevant PR/communications or public affairs experience should include some work on issues related to large scale energy projects and/or Army executive organization
Scroll down for info on senior & junior-level PR Professional opportunities with Jaffee PR in DC, New York, Chicago, Houston or Los Angeles
Really more pure marketing-oriented than our usual focus, but maybe someone will be interested in this Executive Assistant for Business Development Team with the Herndon-based software slingers at MicroPact.
Union of Concerned Scientists – Chief Development Officer – Cambridge, MA – search managed by Development Guild
Want to help build the Washington Post’s forthcoming paywall? Here’s a bunch of super-technical-sounding opportunities with their WaPo Labs affiliate.
This just sounds sad, given the NHL lockout: The Minnesota Wild is currently searching for a candidate to fill the Manager, Digital Content position once the 2012/2013 hockey season begins – St. Paul, MN
Best wishes for a lovely weekend from your favorite™ public affairs jobs resource.