We're big fans of the essential city-greening and -cooling efforts of Casey Trees – get in at the root-level of this organization as Communications Intern or Communications & Development Intern (pdf) – $12/hr – start times and hours/week vary – or just celebrate Arbor Day today by getting their fine new t-shirt.
- Program Coordinator, International Development – mid-to-high $30k – apply today, Apr. 26
- Online Content Associate, School of Communication – $13-$15/hr – part-time – late may through early Sept.
Glen Echo Park Partnership for Arts & Culture – Executive Assistant (pdf)
The title: Deputy Protocol Officer and the employer: our pals at the British Embassy – seem potentially glamorous, but your chief duties do not seem to involve pomp & circumstance or regular attendance at embassy soirees; rather, you’ll deal with subjects such as heavy baggage, unaccompanied air freight, purchasing, selling, information pertaining to diplomatic motor vehicles, gas exemption cards, State Department access passes, and Office of Foreign Mission letters of non-eligibility – still sounds great to us – $33k – apply by Apr. 30
National Defense Industrial Association – Director, Defense Acquisition and Legislative Policy – $55k-$75k – principal duties involve research, analysis and dissemination of relevant legislative and federal regulatory information
American Foreign Service Association – Director of Communications – 8-10 years of experience in communications, public outreach, public relations, or other relevant sector required – apply by May 10
Bethesda based residential and commercial interior design cabal TOBE Design Group seeks tech savvy Social Media & Marketing Intern to help ingrate their web, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter & Houzz channels.
National Association of Public Hospitals – Legislative Affairs & Policy Coordinator (pdf) – minimum of 3 years of political/policy experience required; knowledge of health care issues/policy preferred.
The American Association for Justice (formerly known as the Association of Trial Lawyers of America) seeks Managing Editor for Trial magazine – JD experience preferred – just don't go all "you're out of order" if you don't get the job, OK?
Animal Welfare Institute (scroll down)
- Farm Animal Policy Associate
- Internships – undergrad & law – now accepting applications for Fall 2103
Foreign Policy Association – Internships, Fall 2013 – apply by July 5
Law firm Zuckerman Spaeder seeks Public Relations Manager with 3-5 years PR account management experience and an excellent background in media relations – New York
The American Heart Association seeks Special Events Administrator to help manage the Baltimore Heart Ball – Baltimore, MD
University of Maryland
- Executive Director, Development – apply by May 1
- Associate Director of Alumni Relations & Annual Fund – apply by May 22
- Associate Golf Professional – we’ll expect to be comped a couple rounds if you make the cut – apply by May 8
Malaria No More
- Managing Director, U.S. & Global Advocacy
- Chief Development Officer – DC, New York, San Francisco or Los Angeles
- Communications Officer – New York (we think)
- Admin Assistant – Hunt Valley, MD – apply by May 25
- News Production Intern, WBFF/WNUV – Baltimore, MD – apply by May 20
Editors – temporary – 3 posts available – $15-$16/hr – Charlottesville, Va. – search managed by Randstad
OK, we're done. One more late reminder: get your tix today for tomorrow's Margarita March in the Logan Circle/U Street part of town. Be safe & be great this weekend, and best wishes from your favorite™ public affairs jobs resource.