We remain in M-W-F, and mostly in just-the-jobs mode. Scroll back to Sunday or click here for previously noted opportunities closing this week.
1) Does energetic + intellectually driven + hardworking = you? If so, Chlopak, Leonard, Schechter & Associates has an entry-level Associate position for you to consider.
2) Free the Slaves seeks broadly experienced (print & electronic) Graphic Designer to join them in their fight to end human trafficking and modern slavery worldwide.
3) Global Policy Solutions – Media Relations Manager – 5-7 years related experience in journalism, public relations or public affairs and strong contacts in print, broadcast, online & social media are required.
4) Despite deadlines noted, we’ve learned that Spectrum is still looking to fill Intern slots for the Summer – $9-$10/hr
5-6) Rails-to-Trails Conservancy
Communications Director with with previous press experience on Capitol Hill, at least 3-4 years’ experience in media relations and extensive media contacts and social media expertise. Ties to New England/Northeast and familiarity with regional politics a plus.
8) Stand for Children works to ensure that all children, regardless of background, graduate from high school prepared for, and with access to, a college education. Your place in this endeavor would be as National Online Campaigns Manager, preferably working of their Portland, OR HQ – but a basing in other states where SfC works might also be possible (AZ, CO, IL, IN, LA, MA, OK, OR, TN, TX, WA).
9) Stratacomm has an immediate opening for a Vice President to support clients in the energy and environmental sector – experience with issues management, public affairs, social media, regulatory policy and legislative affairs at the federal and/or state level required – you can apply directly to email@example.com for this one.
10-11) World Wildlife Fund
- Specialist, Media & External Affairs
- Senior Specialist, Program Communications – will oversee the execution of communications strategy that strives to get C-Suite executives to publicly lead on sustainability and position WWF as an authority on creating a 21st century sustainable business model.
13) Aluminum Association – Vice President, Public Affairs
14) American Association for Cancer Research – Senior Manager, Communications & Public Relations – Philadelphia, PA
15-16) Asia Foundation
- Development Assistant for the Women’s Empowerment Program – apply by May 31
- Senior Program Officer, Governance & Law – San Francisco, CA – apply by May 31
18) Babcock & Wilcox – Director, Federal & Congressional Affairs
19-20) Central Maryland Regional Transit – Laurel, MD
Public Affairs Specialist – $62k-$79k – apply by May 22
22-23) Dept. of Energy
- Supervisory Communications Specialist – $123k-$155k – job ID: 13-DE-SC-HQ-016 – apply by May 24
- Deputy Communications Director for the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy – $105k-$136k – job ID: EEGO-13-CR-106-IT-00413 – apply by June 10
25) Direct Impact – Executive Assistant
26) Ketchum – Managing Account Supervisor
27) JANSON Communications – Communications Specialist – Manassas, Va. HQ, but you may also be deployed at other DC-area client locations
28) Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments – Public Affairs Specialist –$43k-$68k
29-30) National Council of Jewish Women
- Policy Counsel/Policy Analyst, Transgender Civil Rights Project
- Director of Individual Giving – New York
- Development Intern – New York
35) Northrop Grumman – Corporate Citizenship Specialist (search corporate category or req ID: 13005801)
36) Ohio Consumers Council – Director of Public Affairs – $65k-$95k – Columbus, OH
37) PFLAG – Communications Intern and Policy Intern
38-43) Powell Tate
- Digital Strategist
- Digital Analyst
- Senior Account Exec, Healthcare
- Director, Healthcare
- Director, Digital Strategy
- Senior Digital Strategist
45) Southern Political Science Association – Executive Director (pdf) – part-time – Statesboro, GA – apply by May 31
46) Story Partners – Director of Public Affairs
47) United Health Group – Senior Policy Analyst
48) U.S.-Japan Council – Communications Manager
49) U.S. Sentencing Commission – Public/Legislative Affairs Specialist – $51k-$97k – job ID: #13-06 – apply by June 6
50) Virginia Commonwealth University – Communications Assistant – part-time – $10/hr – supporting the Dept. of Mechanical & Nuclear Engineering – Richmond, Va.
51) Wildlife Conservation Society – Assistant Director of Federal Affairs – can also search here, via DC location
52) Your Health magazine – Editorial Intern – $12-$14/hr