Scroll back to Saturday or click here for previously noted opportunities closing this week.
577-578) We'll start by making one more mention of these recently-opened-but-closing-soon USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service opportunities:
- Public Affairs Specialist – $72k-$115k – job ID: W-CPAO-2013-0004 – apply by Aug. 21 – merit candidate link
- Public Affairs Specialist – $72k-$115k – fluency in Spanish required – job ID: W-CPAO-2013-0006 – apply by Aug. 21 – merit candidate link
580) The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs is seeking an undergraduate, graduate student, or recent graduate as Intern for the Middle East and North Africa Division's programs; French language skills are a must – paid position – apply today, Aug. 19
581) The Herald Group seeks current team-player, self-starter undergrad for Policy Public Relations Intern post – strong writing & research skills particularly valued.
582) American Association of Community Colleges – Director, Policy Analysis – PhD preferred
583) American Councils for International Education – Intern supporting the National Security Language Initiative for Youth – $12/hr
584) Cape Fox Corp. – Communications Specialist
585) Center for Science in the Public Interest – Marketing Director
586) Cognizant – Director, Government Relations
587) CompTIA/The IT Industry Association – Director, Public Advocacy
588) Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation – $70k-$80k – Director of Communications and Public Relations
589) Cox Matthews & Associates – Digital Media Manager
590) EDJ Associates – Social Media, Marketing & Communications Intern – Herndon, Va.
591) Education Trust – State Legislative Affairs Assistant
592) Faith in Public Life – Campaign Organizer
593) FleishmanHillard – Social Media Specialist
594) GE – Manager, Organization Communications & Public Relations supporting GE Healthcare Detection & Guidance Solutions – Wauwatosa, WI
595-599) George Mason University
- Events Coordinator supporting the Association of Writers & Writing Programs (AWWP) – $30k-$35k – apply today, Aug. 19
- Web Assistant supporting AWWP – part-time – $12/hr – apply by Aug. 22
- Public Relations & Marketing Specialist/Communications Officer – apply by Aug. 28
- Assistant Director, Athletic Communications – $32k-$36k – apply by Sept. 13
- Development Officer, School of Management
- Associate Director of Development Communications
- Assistant Director of Development and Associate Director of Development, Strategic Markets
- Senior Associate Director of Development, School of Engineering
- Assistant Editor for for GW Magazine
Editorial Intern, Politics
608-609) Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission
- Communications Manager for the Montgomery County Planning Dept. – $62k-$109k – apply by Aug. 28
- Senior Visual Media Imaging Specialist for the Prince George's County Planning Dept. – $47k-$81k – Upper Marlboro, MD – apply by Aug. 29
611) National Committee to Protect Social Security & Medicare – Grassroots Associate
612) National League of Cities – Senior Associate, Media Relations
613) National Park Foundation – Director, Corporate Partnerships
614) Network Branded Prepaid Card Association – Government Affairs Director
615) New Horizon Security Services – Communications Officer – $18-$20/hr – Manassas, Va.
616) New Target – Web Content Editor/Producer (scroll down)
617) Ocean Conservancy – Senior Manager, Government Relations
618-621) Oxfam America
- Extractive Industries Press Officer
- Special Advisor & Analyst, Private Sector Development Team – DC or Boston, MA
- Director of Major Gifts – Boston, MA
- Special Gifts Officer – Boston, MA
Political Data Intern and Editorial Intern
625) Save the Children – Associate Policy Director, International Humanitarian Response
626) SEIU – Senior Campaign Communications Specialist
627) Society for Neuroscience – Digital Communications Manager
628) USA for the UN High Commissioner on Refugees – Manager, Digital Fundraising – new since out mid-June humanitarian jobs special edition – apply by Sept. 13
629) University of Georgia – Government Relations Assistant (go to search postings, then scroll down under working title or use posting # 20131239) – $30k-$35k – Athens, GA
630) Virginia Commonwealth University – PR & Marketing Specialist – $46k-$48k – Richmond, Va.
631) Visiting Nurse Associations of America – Director, Communications
632) … and, finally: long-lived DC happy hour fixture Sign of the Whale seeks Promotional Assistants and Hostess, Shot & Beer Tub Girl candidates to keep the party rolling and the Jaeger flowing; advanced degrees probably not required.
First warning: Snallygaster is coming! Oct. 19.