Despite the mid-Feb. vintage noted on this Research & Editorial Assistant (note: link now fixed) post supporting George Washington University’s Institute for Communitarian Policy Studies, be assured they are still actively seeking candidates with top notch writing & editing skills – apply by Mar. 14
This just in: Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) – Public Affairs Specialist – $75k-$116k – NW41035-13- 1069481PR781553 – open to all candidates, but current Federal employees and applicants with Veteran’s Preference receive selection priority – Stafford, Va. – apply by Mar. 14
Opportunities w/ the Herald Group, a Verizon Center-proximate public affairs firm:
growing their team & presence in DC and their Community Operations Manager post would seem a good fit for aspirants w/ a strong customer service orientation, problem-solving ability and excellent writing chops.
We usually save new opportunities at the Brookings Institution for Thursdays, but today we’ll reference this Summer 2014 Communications Internship (apply by Apr. 30) supporting their Metropolitan Policy Program as an example of the many Summer Intern (go to internships tab) opportunities recently added there.
Consulting firm Odell, Simms & Lynch seeks international account/market research staffer w/ the skills needed to interview executive decision-makers, such as CEOs and CFOs of major U.S. corporations – LinkedIn version here.
JP Morgan Chase (search DC location or use job #) – opportunities supporting government relations team
- Senior Executive Assistant, Corporate Responsibility (140005299)
- Executive Receptionist, Corporate Responsibility (140015397)
Secular Coalition of America – Internships (scroll down) – apply by Apr. 30 for Summer post; July 31 for Fall
The National Council on Aging seeks Public Affairs Manager with at least five years of experience in PR, media relations, communications, and/or journalism, with impeccable writing and reporting skills
Several new opportunities at Hill+Knowlton since our early-February check-in:
- Vice President, Public Affairs
- Senior Account Supervisor/Vice President, Healthcare & Public Affairs
- Senior Account Exec, Public Affairs
- Vice President, Corporate Advisory – New York
- Intern, Public Affairs
- Intern, Media Relations – New York
Here’s a low-profile and surely easy-to-handle Head of Communications, Americas with a little company called Lockheed Martin
Sabre Systems seeks suitable strategic-thinking Public Affairs Specialist to support the Census Bureau in Suitland, MD
Council on Competitiveness – External Affairs/Strategic Development Professional – broad range of strategic business development, outreach, and revenue generation responsibilities envisioned for you
- Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-TX) – Press Secretary
- Office of the House Clerk – Archival Specialist – to $62k – Masters in Library Science or Library & Information Science desired – apply by Apr. 1
- Senior Progressive Democrat – Legislative Fellow – education, tax, immigration, women’s and veterans’ issues
- Western Democrat – Intern
- Rep. Raul Labrador (R-ID) – Intern
- Progressive Maryland Democrat – Legislative Intern – apply by Mar. 24
- Committee on Education and the Workforce, Democratic Staff – Labor Policy Intern – starting in April/May, running through July
- Rep. Susan Davis (D-CA) – Intern
- Rep. Suzan DelBene (D-WA) – Intern
National Fair Housing Alliance – Communications Associate (pdf) – proficiency w/ website maintenance and experience w/ communications required; graphic design skills preferred, as well as work w/ Drupal & Salsa
Here’s a very fresh DC-based Information Officer opportunity with the United Nations Environment Programme – far-off May 10 application deadline noted
Perhaps this is a little outside our usual areas of focus, but surely a few of you will find some interest in this Director of External Relations post supporting the University of Virginia’s undergraduate admissions process – $65k-$70k – Charlottesville, Va.