- Communications Coordinator (pdf) – digital strategy & social media engagement focus
- Federal Policy Coordinator (pdf) – well-suited for an entry-level professional interested in engaging in federal advocacy efforts
- Research Coordinator (pdf) – chief duties will be researching and synthesizing new developments in federal and state education policy.
Our friends at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine are currently seeking a Celebrity Relations Coordinator. This is a terrific opportunity for those who stay on top of the latest celebrity news, are a natural in persuasive writing, and have a knack for picking up the phone and getting people on board. If you share these qualities and are passionate about their mission to advance the field of preventive medicine and research, PCRM would like to hear from you!
Congressional Budget Office – Assistant Analyst – $37k-$43k – job ID: 14-26 – apply by May 30
Library of Congress/Congressional Research Service – Research Assistant, Congress – $52k-$67k – job ID: 140097 – apply by Apr. 25
New with Mathematica Policy Research:
Media & Outreach Manager and PR Intern opportunities at Williamsburg, Va.-based nonprofit info resource GuideStar, but many more of you will find their extensive nonprofit search tool an outstanding resource to identify possible employers – for example a search of DC listings and keyword environment brings up nearly 800 organizations to check out, and using multiple keywords (water environment) narrows that by a factor of ten. Enjoy.
Legislative Affairs Associate appears to be new with Education Trust since our early Feb. check-in with them – knowledge of federal education policy and related legislative and regulatory processes desired.
Lockheed Martin (can also search here using public relations job class or use req ID)
- Communications Representative (287640BR)
- Communications Representative (281505BR)
- Communications Representative, Senior Staff (284759BR) and another by that title (281252BR)
- Program Management Internal Communications Representative (281251BR)
Are you the right type of candidate for Marketing & Communications Specialist (scroll down) with Virginia Blood Services? We’re positive (even sanguine) you’ll do great with them in Richmond, Va.
- Ways & Means Democrat – Legislative Assistant – healthcare & social security issues
- Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) – Intern – starting ASAP, running through May/June
- Rep, Marcy Kaptur (D-OH) – Intern
- Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) – Press & Social Media Intern
University of Virginia – Special Assistant to the Honor Committee – $38k-$45k – experience advising students and/or student organizations required; Master's degree in student affairs, public policy or related field (by June 1, 2014) and direct knowledge of U.Va.'s Honor System and student culture preferred – Charlottesville, Va. – apply by Apr. 24