Our friends at the Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine seek a Director of Research Policy to lead efforts to improve research and medical training by replacing the use of animals. MD or a PhD in the life sciences desired, along with experience managing staff; background in campaigns & the media a plus.
Odell, Simms & Lynch, Inc. is seeking professionals to help direct major donor fundraising initiatives on behalf of their clients, offering tremendous professional development opportunities and a fast-faced, highly collaborative team environment for the following:
Intern candidate with strong writing skills; Senate-side Capitol Hill location.
The American Heart Association seeks to find a Director of Development for the greater DC region to implement large corporate-based events – 4 years of relevant experience & success in fundraising arena particularly sought.
- Associate Director of Campus Engagement – at least 5-7 years of experience in campus organizing or youth engagement sought; remotely-based work possible
- Alabama: Faith Organizer – Field Organizer – State Director
- Mississippi: Faith Organizer – Field Organizer – State Director
- Arkansas: Faith Organizer – Field Organizer – State Director
Communities in Schools – Digital & Social Media Intern
Georgetown Medstar Hospital – Marketing Specialist – minimum of two years creating, writing and editing marketing communications materials for a trade association, agency or corporation required; healthcare marketing experience a plus.
- House Office of the Clerk – Reference Assistant, House Library – to $54k – apply by June 2
- Rep. Xavier Becerra (D-CA) – Field Deputy, District Office – Los Angeles, CA
- Rep. Derek Kilmer (D-WA) – Intern
We normally don’t reference accounting & budget-management posts (apply by June 1), but we’ll make an exception for the Institute for War & Peace Reporting
Dy-no-mite! That’s our take on Manager, of Government Affairs for the Institute of Makers of Explosives – fast-burning application fuse runs out in May 23
National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
Potomac Flacks operation, we see this DC-based Senior Public Relations Manager post w/ Microsoft; successful candidate will have 6+ years of experience in communications targeted to the Federal level, particularly Capitol Hill.
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority – Supervisor, Public Communications (scroll to find or use advanced search & job # 140526) – apply by May 17
We’re slightly skeptical about this Strategic Communications Advisor, Government Relations opportunity w/ Samsung, as we couldn’t confirm it via their corporate site. But who knows? In any event, don’t miss this typically great Kurt Eichenwald VF article on Apple vs. Samsung.
- Journalism/Reporter Fellowship – one year term, starting in Sept. – $30k – apply by June 30
Join the would-be tuberculosis-eradicators at Aeras as Director of Communications; international experience & familiarity with global health issues preferred; we also see a possibly older-vintage External Affairs Manager post, as well.
American Rivers – Western Water Intern – DC-based – more available
The unfortunately all-too-busy Foundation for the Defense of Democracies seeks Deputy Director of Communications with at least 3-5 years of experience working in a political or policy-oriented communications capacity
LifeBridge Health/Sinai Hospital – Director, Public Relations – 5-7 years of experience in public relations with a strong focus on national, regional and local media relations required – Baltimore, MD
Global Strategy Group
- Vice President, Communications
- Associate, Communications
- several communications/public affairs opportunities also available in their New York & Hartford, CT offices, as well
State Dept./ Bureau of Diplomatic Security – Public Information Specialist – $89k-$116k – job ID: DS-2014-0255 – apply by May 23
- Large specialty business knowledge organization – Digital Content Manager – $73k-$80k – Falls Church location
- Advocacy/lobbying organization focused on Mideast affairs – Writer – approx three month term
We’d guess the retirement-related benefits at the American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries are pretty good – Media Relations Manager
Adfero Group – see also main career page
Vice President, Media Relations – minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in media relations and/or public communications required; education industry background a plus – DC or New York
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center – Senior Marketing & Public Relations Coordinator – you’ll get us into Pose some warm Friday night, right?
- Director of Communications & Marketing for the Batten School of Leadership & Public Policy – $55k-$70k
- Assistant Vice President, Healthcare Philanthropy – $130k-$170k
- Global Advancement Officer – $100k-$110k
- Senior Associate Director of Development, School of Nursing – $78k-$85k
- Web Content Specialist – $50k-$60k
- Sustainability Coordinator, Communications – $35k-$50k – apply by May 16
- Digital Producer for BackStory with the American History Guys, per the Virginia Foundation for the Humanities – $36k-$42k
- Historical Collections Assistant for the Moore Health Sciences Library – part-time – $11-$12/hr