We'll be in (mostly) just-the-jobs mode for this abbreviated work week.
1) The Pew Research Center is seeks a Communications Associate with 5 years of relevant experience in external relations, including media relations and events for work including support of the Religion & Public Life project.
2) Stand for Children, a groups working to ensure that all children, regardless of their background, graduate from high school prepared for, and with access to, a college education, are seeking a Regional Digital Strategist to join them in Boston, MA or Chicago, IL; strong understanding of email action campaigns and writing for emails particularly sought.
3-4) Fast-growing digital agency Social Driver continues to ramp up, and sends along these opportunities deemed excellent for ambitious types looking to make their mark in the PR/digital arena (scroll to find) – or just check out their company blog for illumination/inspiration.
Communications Manager – duties include social media and leading web redesign – graphic design skills a plus – apply by July 25
6) The Food Research and Action Center seeks a talented and experienced Communications Director with a minimum 10 years of experience in communications; background in non-profit, government or policy work strongly preferred, as is a commitment to social justice.
7) Airline Owners & Pilots Association – Admin Assistant, Communications – Frederick, MD
8) American Cancer Society – Coordinator, Division Office & Event Support positions available in Newport News, Lynchburg, & Glen Allen, Va., as well as Cumberland & Baltimore, MD
9) American Council on Education – Policy Analyst
10) American Gastroenterological Association – Coordinator, Public Policy
11) Body Conscious Beauty – PR/Media Relations Intern
12-18) British Embassy
- Recruiting Coordinator – $38k – apply by July 6
- Senior Advisor, Energy & Environment – $77k – apply by July 9
- Business Development Associate: Aid-Funded Business and Financial/Professional Services – $44k – apply by July 10
- Research & Admin Assistant – $29k – apply by July 13
- Administrative & Engagement Officer, Northern Ireland Bureau – $38k – apply by July 15
- Policy Advisor, UN Development Programme – $72k – New York – apply by July 10
- Archival Intern and UK Trade & Investment Intern – apply by July 6 for Fall 2014
20) Census Bureau – Public Affairs Specialist – $89k-$115k – job ID: PIO-2014-0002 – apply by July 8
21) Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services – Public Affairs Specialist – $34-$54k – for recent graduates/multiple posts available – job ID: CMS-OOM-RG-14-1150021 – apply by July 2
22) Council for a Strong America – Deputy Director, Federal Policy
23) Dept. of Labor – Public Affairs Specialist – $124k-$157k – job ID: DE-14-HRC-OPA-169 – apply by July 10
24) Embassy of the Republic of Korea – Commerce & Energy Researcher – fluency in Korean required – apply by July 11
25) Food & Drug Administration – Public Affairs Specialist supporting the Center for Tobacco Products – $75k-$116k – job ID: FDA-CTP-14-DE-1140952SL – apply by July 7
26) George Washington University – Senior Managing Editor for GW Today
27) IMRE PR – Internships, Fall 2014 (scroll down) – Baltimore, MD & Los Angeles, CA
28) International Franchise Association – Coordinator of Communications & Marketing
29) Johns Hopkins University – Communications/Web Coordinator supporting the School of Advanced International Studies – DC-based
30) Ketchum – Office Director
31) Longwood University – Assistant Vice President for Athletic Communications (pdf) – Farmville, Va.
32) Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless – Director of Development & Communications
33) Mystery Old Town-based military aviation government contractor – Admin Assistant
34) National Building Museum – Interns, Fall 2014 – apply by July 21
35) NiSource – Manager, Federal Government Affairs
36) Opower – Vice President, Corporate Communications
37) Porter-Novelli – Senior Account Exec/Account Supervisor, Healthcare
38) Potomac Conservancy – Director of Community Conservation/Outreach – apply by July 15
39) Siemens – Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
40) Uber – Senior Policy Development Associate
41) U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops – Assistant Director Interactive Marketing
42) World Wildlife Fund – Senior Specialist, Media & External Affairs
43) YMCA of the USA – President & Chief Executive Officer – Chicago, IL – search managed by DHR International – apply by July 28