Avalere Health – Manager, Avalere Communications (search keyword communications) – 3-5 years of experience managing diverse projects within a healthcare marketing, communications, or agency environment desired.
American Academy of Ophthalmology – Government Affairs Representative – 3+ years of legislative and/or lobbying related experience required; regulatory experience helpful.
Jewish Federations of North America – Senior Legislative Associate, Strategic Health Resource Center – solid Hill contacts & familiarity with the federal legislative/regulatory arena & national politics related to health & long-term care issues desired.
The Center for Democracy & Technology is currently looking for a Communications Intern for the Summer 2015 term – your knowledge of the DC media landscape, web platforms, social media and any photo or video editing experience are all marks in the “plus” column.
We think this should be mandatory viewing (and yes, we promise it’s not the Safety Dance) for those hired for recently-added opportunities with the National Safety Council:
- Director, Government Affairs
- Vice President, Communications & Advocacy – Itasca, IL
- Public Relations Manager – Itasca, IL
Recent opportunities via the BOSS Group:
- Mystery employer, DC-based – Web Content Specialist – contract status
- Mystery employer, Alexandria based – Event Marketing Manager
Assorted opportunities with the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FAESB) & member organizations – find application info here:
- American Society for Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics – Manager, Government Affairs & Science Policy (pdf)
- FAESB – Digital Marketing Coordinator (pdf)
- American Society for Biochemistry & Molecular Biology – Print & Digital Media Specialist (pdf)
- American Society for Biochemistry & Molecular Biology – Outreach & Communications Intern (pdf) - $15/hr – apply by Apr. 24
Dept. of Justice – Public Affairs Specialist – $126k-$158k – job ID: AO-15-1359408 (WS)DEU – apply by Apr. 6
Recent opportunities in the DC office of Duke Energy (search DC location or use red ID)
- Communications Consultant, Emergency Planning (125940) – apply by Apr. 6
- Federal Government Affairs Manager (126255) – apply by Apr. 10
GE (can also search here, using job number noted in keyword box)
Communications Coordinator – link to their homepage appears to be one letter off in the ad (at least for now); try this instead.
Dept. of Defense, Office of Inspector General – Public Affairs Specialist – $126k-$158k – Top Secret clearance required – job ID: D-DoDIG-1354090-15 – apply by Apr. 2
U.S.-Mexico Foundation – Interns
Democrats for Education Reform – Legislative Assistant – apply by Apr. 30
Healthcare Distribution Management Association – Vice President, State Government Affairs – at least 12 years corporate or trade association experience in state government affairs required.
Advancement Project – Senior Communications Associate for Digital Media – 3-5 years' experience in communications required; campaign experience helpful – familiarity with social media platforms & other digital tools also sought.