RKTL seeks Public Relations Lead with 5-7 years of experience in media relations or corporate communications, in-house or agency; facility with media software and databases, such as Cision & Vision, also desired.
Outreach Strategies, a communications/public affairs firm focused on creating positive environmental and social change, is looking to hire an Account Exec/Senior Account Exec with 1-5 years experience in PR, public affairs, government relations, non-profit communications or a related field.
We have it on good authority that our friends at No Kid Hungry are actively recruiting for these opportunities to enlist in the fight to end childhood hunger:
Events Marketing Coordinator post that was sent along to us with the oft-sought entry-level descriptor, which you can balance with the 1-3 years experience level noted.
The Public Policy Institute of California has passed along this Sacramento-based Director of Government Affairs post requiring expert knowledge of California state government and deep contacts in the policy community & a track record of communicating with diverse policy audiences and elected officials.
The Open World Leadership Center administers exchange programs w/ future leaders in Eurasian countries; your place in this undertaking would be as an Intern in the current Fall term, with duties including research, grant writing & working with program delegates.
- Events Coordinator, School of Public Affairs – apply by Sept. 30
- Research Specialist ($35k-$42k) and Research Specialist II ($45k-$52k) and Research Specialist III ($53k-$57k) and Senior Research Associate/Project Coordinator (69k-$75k) – all with the School of Public Affairs, criminal justice focus.
Pew Charitable Trusts – Senior Associate, Antibiotic Resistance Project – seeking candidates with minimum of five years directly related professional experience in public policy or research.
Digital Media Officer – $47k – demonstrated social media platform management fluency desired, including community building and analytics, and campaign strategy and management – New York – apply by Oct. 4
Association & Conference Group LLC is interested in hiring a full-time, virtual/remote-based Marketing/Communications Manager – low $30k
USAID Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (scroll to find)
- Online Communications Specialist – $76k-$99k – apply by Sept. 24
- Press & Public Outreach Officer – $90k-$118k – apply by Oct. 7
Opportunities with Better Markets, a non-profit, non-partisan, and independent organization promoting the public interest in the financial markets:
Government Relations Manager (search Washington DC location, or use job ID: CHQ20151009-6144) – experience with defense authorization and/or appropriations processes especially valued
Virginia Hospital Center – Development Officer (search Virginia Hospital Center facility AND professional job category)
Best wishes for a superb weekend and happy Oktoberfest (officially starts Saturday, you know) from your favorite™ public affairs jobs resource – and here's some early beer festival season related notes/happenings to help launch the fun:
- Blue & Gray Brewery Oktoberfest – Sept. 18-19 – Fredericksburg, Va.
- St. Benedict Oktoberfest – Sept. 18-20 – Richmond, Va.
- Heurich House Oktoberfest – Sept. 19 – Dupont Circle
- Mad Fox Hoppy Oktoberfest – Sept. 19 – Falls Church
- Das Bier Bash – Sept. 19 – Mt. Vernon Sq./NY Ave. NW DC
- Biergarten Haus is counting down to Oktoberfest – Sept. 19 – H St. NE
- Beer Bourbon & BBQ – Sept. 19 – Tysons Corner
- Old Busthead Bleu & Brew Beer & Cheese Festival – Sept. 19 – Warrenton, Va.
- Virginia Cider Festival – Sept. 19 – Fredericksburg, Va.
- Taste of Freedom Wine Festival – Sept. 19 – Montpelier, Va.
- Know Good Beer & Music Festival – Sept. 19 – Richmond, Va.
- Lynchburg Beer & Wine Festival – Sept. 19 – Lynchburg, Va.
- District Oktoberfest – Sept. 19-20 – Chinatown/Verizon Center neighborhood
- DBGB – Oktoberfest menu commences Sept. 19-Oct.4 – CityCenter DC
- Pups & Pilsners Festival – Sept. 20 – Crystal City
- Stratford Hall Wine & Oyster Festival – Sept. 20 – Stratford Hall, Va.