A lot of great direct-to-us submissions (the first nine listings) in Wednesday's set. Enjoy.
Moger International has extended their search for a Public Affairs Specialist with excellent written and oral communications skills to support the Public Affairs Office of the National Museum of Health and Medicine, a Silver Spring-based institution furthering the understanding of medicine with a special emphasis on American military medicine – 1-2 years of PR or newspaper experience desired, along with knowledge of DoD communications policy – apply by July 7
USAID/Maternal & Child Survival Program – Communications & Graphic Design Intern (scroll to find) – Fall 2016, 20-24 hrs/wk – for current students only; InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop skills particularly valued
ScoutComms seeks a motivated Account Exec to provide communications, advocacy & event support to Fortune 500 companies, veteran-owned businesses and veteran-focused non-profits – 1-2 years’ relevant work/intern experience desired; military background a plus – Fredericksburg, Va.
Economic Innovation Group – Communications Intern (scroll to find) – Aug. through mid-Dec. 2016 term – $600/wk – best suited for candidates with experience in political communications & digital outreach; background in economic policy preferred.
Raffetto Herman Strategic Communications is looking to bring aboard a Senior Account Exec/Account Exec with 2-5 years of PR experience, preferably in an agency setting supporting technology organizations.
The Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism seeks Digital Communications Manager with 2-4 years of related experience, including proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite applications); video editing & other digital skills are desirable – apply by Aug. 2
Arlington County Public Schools is actively seeking a Coordinator of Community Engagement (go to administrative category, then to administrative/technical category to find) with skills/experience in media relations, public affairs, community engagement & communications – $65k-$98k
Ervin Hill Strategy is looking to fill this Staff Assistant post; successful candidate will have experience with admin duties and basic understanding of The Hill – Capital South Metro-convenient location
We led off our June 10 set with an identically titled listing to this new Director of Public Affairs Communications opportunity with American Airlines that also sports an apply today, June 29 deadline
Mercy Corps – see also main career page
- Media Relations Associate – DC or Portland, OR
- Director of Development and Development Assistant – Portland, OR
- Director, Policy & Advocacy – London, UK – search managed by Prospectus – apply by June 30
Ball Aerospace – Senior Manager, Public Relations (scroll down to the 6/26 listing for multiple locations) – seeking resumes showing 12+ years’ experience in PR/journalist, with more than 5+ years in a managerial role – Arlington, Va. or Boulder, CO
Independent Electrical Contractors – Communications Director – seeking candidates with at least four years of experience and a proven track record in media relations, copywriting, editing, advertising, marketing & project management.
- Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI) – Communications Director
- Senior MoC – Legislative Assistant, Foreign Affairs
- California Republican – Staff Assistant/Legislative Correspondent
- Senior Democrat – Scheduler
- Rules Committee, Democratic Staff – Press Office Staffer
- Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC) – Press Intern
- Rep. Reid Ribble (R-WI) – Intern
- Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) – Intern
- California Republican – Intern (scroll to find) – Summer 2016
- Senior Democrat – Intern – apply by July 18
- Rep. Patrick Meehan (R-PA) – Intern – apply by July 29
General Dynamics IT – Communications Specialist – 2-5 years of directly related writing; communications & marketing experience desired, as well as facility with financial management tools social media platforms
Mystery employer in construction/engineering field – PR Project Manager – proven PR & spokesperson experience required
The National Marine Sanctuary Foundation seeks Coordinator (pdf) to support their annual Capitol Hill Ocean Week – $40k-$50k – event/conference planning & management experience strongly preferred – apply by Aug. 14 – Fall 2016 Policy & Advocacy Intern (pdf) post also noted
University of Virginia
- Director of Outreach supporting the School of Continuing & Professional Studies – $90k-$95k – graduate/advanced degree preferred – Falls Church, Va. campus
- Admin Support & Event Planning Assistant, Office of the President – Charlottesville, Va.