Let's start with a very fresh Communications Director opportunity with the Truman Center for National Policy/Truman National Security Project – at least 7 years’ experience that includes political advocacy & media relations work desired
We have it on good authority that the National Recreation & Park Association is still looking to fill this Summer 2016 Advocacy & Government Affairs Intern post – $15/hr
The National Endowment for Democracy is actively recruiting for all of these:
- Managing Editor and Assistant Research & Outreach Officer supporting the Center for International Media Assistance
- Program Officer for Iraq – fluency in Arabic required; Kurdish a plus
- Project Manager, World Movement for Democracy
- Assistant Program Officer, Middle East & North Africa – Arabic language skills required
- Assistant Digital Producer
DC Action for Children – Senior Policy Analyst – graduate degree in education, public policy, public health, social work or a related field required; 2-3 years of relevant work experience preferred.
Exelon – Media Relations Manager – seeking candidates with minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in communications with focus on media relations.
International Association of Chiefs of Police
- Project Coordinator ($47k-$61k) and Project Assistant ($34k-$44k) supporting the Law Enforcement Leadership Initiative on Violence Against Women – $47k-$61k – July 5 application deadline for both
- Project Assistant supporting traffic safety programs – $34k-$44k – apply by July 5
World Health Organization – Social Media Specialist – your $57k-$61k salary may be considerably higher after post adjustment; 30 days annual leave also noted – Spanish language skills desired; French or Portuguese also helpful – apply by July 11
McCain Institute for International Leadership (scroll to find)
- Special Events Manager – $65k-$75k – apply by July 5
- Strategic Communications Fellow – $30k – open to graduates of communications programs of Arizona State U. – apply by July 1
Council of Independent Colleges – Communications & Social Media Fellow – 12 month term, starting in July – substantial social media management & communications work experience (ideally at a higher education association) required.
Do you have at least one year of admin experience that includes data entry, filing, cataloging, retrieving, and preserving records? Perhaps this Archivist post supporting the Afghanistan Regional Business Unit at Chemonics is worth a look – DC-based – apply by June 17
World at Work – Media & Public Relations Manager (scroll to find) – seeking candidates with 5-7 years' experience at a news outlet, trade association, Capitol Hill or other professional setting
- Unknown MoC, possibly from NY – Communications Director
- California Democrat – Scheduler
- Mystery California MoC – District Scheduler/Office Manager – location unspecified
- Office of the Chief Admin Officer – Senior Graphic Designer – apply by June 20
- Rep. Diane Black (R-TN) – Intern
Refugees International – Senior Communications Officer – seeking candidates with at least 8 years’ experience in communications at a global non-profit organization, and/or as a former journalist; verseas work experience strongly desired – scroll down for info on Fall/Winter Intern info with July 15 application deadline
John Snow, Inc., a public health research and consulting firm, seeks experienced Social Media Specialist to support the AIDS.gov project – DC, Boston, Atlanta, San Francisco or unspecified Colorado location.
Center for Reproductive Rights
- Senior Programs Associate – apply by July 9
- State Advocacy Advisor – New York – apply by June 28
- Manager of Institutional Giving – New York – apply by July 8
Center for Community Change – Development Strategist ($58k-$65k) and Senior Development Strategist ($65k-$70k) – DC or New York
Flexible Packaging Association – President & CEO (pdf) – do not describe yourself as “the complete package” in your cover letter and expect the search managers at Vetted Solutions to read any further – Annapolis, MD