Our friends at the Washington Post have just shared this very fresh Publicist opportunity where you’ll have the opportunity to promote & book their journalists in other media outlets – minimum 2 years of related experience desired, ideally in a news organization.
The National Multifamily Housing Council seeks Communications Director, Policy & Advocacy to serve as lead writer for the Council’s advocacy-related communications & direct advocacy-related media relations – extensive writing and editing experience in a variety of formats is required; familiarity with housing, finance or tax policy preferred.
The Institute for the Study of War has just shared multiple Intern posts that include research-related opportunities focused on current conflict zones, as well as Press, Media & Government Relations Intern and Fundraising & Development Intern listings – Turkish Linguist Intern also sought – full time candidates preferred; part-time possible.
The U.S. Institute of Peace is actively searching for Social Media/Digital Media Research Assistant – must be current (meaning: enrolled this Fall) local student – 20 hrs/wk – $10-$14/hour – one-year term, starting in late August – see also main career page.
The Economic Innovation Group tells us these full-time Fall 2016 opportunities are all still available:
- Research and Policy Intern (pdf) – $600/wk
- Communications Intern (pdf) – $600/wk
- Policy Fellow (pdf) – competitive compensation; based on experience
Trade Center Management Associates, the building management & hospitality provider at the Reagan Building/International Trade Center, is looking for a Graphic Designer with 3-5 years’ design experience & expert-level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications – $40k-$45k
M+R Strategic Services has passed along this Account Coordinator post – you should have at least 6 months of communications/media relations experience (yes, intern time counts) & be able to put together press releases/advisories, media lists & the like.
- Online Content Manager, School of Communication – $47k-$53k
- Advancement Writer
- Associate Director of Development, School of International Service
- Multimedia Reporter, WAMU 88.5 FM
- Head of Prosperity Programme Team – $69k – apply by July 13
- Programme Manager – two opportunities available, in trade/business environment & energy transitions – $52k- apply by July 13
- Visits Officer – $39k – apply by July 19
- Policy Advisor, Peacebuilding, Humanitarian & Human Rights Team – $56k – New York – apply by July 21
Interns – apply by Aug. 14
The Advancement Project seeks a Program Associate to support its civil rights litigation and advocacy work; described as entry-level
Pew Charitable Trusts
- Senior Associate, Executive Office & Internal Communications
- Senior Associate, Public Safety Performance Project
- Manager, Research Review & Support
Various journalist, production & support posts available with the Middle East Broadcasting Networks in Springfield, Va. and abroad – more info here and here.
Food & Drug Administration – Health Communications Specialist – $77k-$119k – apply by July 13
Dept. of Agriculture/Economic Research Service – Public Affairs Specialist – $77k-$100k – apply by July 15
Corporation for National & Community Service – Program Assistant supporting the Social Innovation Fund – apply by July 20
… and, finally: multiple game-day, marketing & support opportunities are available with Monumental Sports & Entertainment, as well as these Capitals-specific posts (note: their pages loading slowly for us today)
Bahamas Policy Advisor (scroll to find, or use other options & job # 44154), and we’re ready to take advantage of your couch or guest bedroom hospitality sometime this winter – apply by July 16
It's been a miserable, violent week from Dhaka, Istanbul & Baghdad to Baton Rouge, St. Paul & Dallas; your favorite™ public affairs jobs resource hopes the weekend somehow finds the world a safer place for everyone.