Your mostly just-the-jobs end-of-Summer programming enters the home stretch. And don't miss this good-sized run previously noted opportunities closing this week.
907) The National Association for Biomedical Research, a group representing more than 360 leading biomedical research institutions, is in search mode for an Information Analyst with 3-5 years relevant experience, along with strong research & writing skills; attention to detail and a self-motivating mindset.
908) Consumer’s Checkbook is actively recruiting for this Social Media Manager post – background in communications/writing and/or extensive social media experience desired
909) Get found in the wilderness: undergrad or grad students looking to burnish their communications, advocacy, writing & social media skills currently sought for Fall-term, DC-based Communications Intern post with the Wilderness Society – Interns roll up their sleeves to provide research and writing, work with program staff and leave with a list of accomplishments focused on preserving America’s wild places.
910) The Vox Media empire runs from food to sports to its eponymous ideas/culture/politics flagship and more, and as with any expanding empire, there are plenty of currently-active editorial, social media & support opportunities (scroll to find) to fill in DC, New York, and San Francisco, CA
911) Save the Children is recruiting for late-Sept. to mid-Dec. Intern opportunities sporting maternal/newborn health and early childhood education advocacy campaigns; Experience with political campaigns a plus; grassroots organizing experience preferred.
912) Per a recent comments field entry (scroll down) that we’re just seeing now, the DC Public Charter School Board is seeking a Senior Communications Specialist (pdf) with 5-7 years of relevant experience that includes familiarity w/ social & digital media tools
913) We won’t make you wait until the usual Friday run of opportunities with the Pew Charitable Trusts to see these fresh Communications Associate and Senior Communications Associate listings
914-915) AARP (scroll to find)
Manager, Strategic Communications
919) American Jewish World Service – Admin Coordinator, Communications – New York
920) American Society for Hematology – Foundation Development Specialist (scroll to find)
921-922) Burson-Marsteller – New York
Director of Congressional Affairs – $108k-$141k – apply by Sept. 2
924) Facebook – Public Policy Manager – militant/terror issues focus – fluency in Arabic required – DC or Menlo Park, CA
925-927) Families USA
Manager, Portfolio Communications
931) Land Trust Alliance – Prospect Researcher – apply by Sept. 6
932) Lyons PR – Account Exec
933) Moroch – Communications Specialist – Oklahoma City, OK
934) National Education Association – Senior Director, Center for Advocacy
935) National Housing Conference – Senior Marketing & Communications Associate
936) Melwood – Vice President, External Affairs – Upper Marlboro, MD
937) Mystery employer – Public Relations Manager – $55k-$65k – search managed by the Creative Group
938) Operation Homefront – multiple development/program opportunities (scroll to find) noted among that list searches managed by SeeKing HR
939-940) Planned Parenthood
Senior Manager, Communications & Strategy
942) U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom – Executive Director – $150k – apply by Oct. 15