George Washington University – Associate of Marketing & Communications supporting the Center for Excellence in Public Leadership – seeking candidates with a strong background in marketing & communications as well as proven ability to drive successful online campaigns & in-person events to reach target audiences.
Education Week is in search mode for a creative and enterprising Editorial Lead (scroll to find) to guide its Teacher online vertical and to direct coverage of the teaching profession across all its digital and print platforms – demonstrated experience with a range of digital storytelling & tools, and strong engagement with digital trends are musts.
The Association for Advanced Life Underwriting seeks Assistant Director, Legislative Affairs with 5-7 years of experience in federal legislative affairs, preferably in the areas of tax, retirement, financial services, and/or broad-based economic policy issues – JD or other grad degree preferred.
- Public Relations Specialist, Amazon Web Services/Worldwide Public Sector
- Programs Assistant, Public Policy
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager, AWS Educate
- Executive Assistant, Public Policy
In late October, we referenced this Press Representative for Contemporary Culture post with the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, and now we see it freshly noted on PRSA’s fine career center… so get to it & help fill this neat opportunity, OK?
Johns Hopkins University – Baltimore, MD
- Communications Director for the Bloomberg American Health Initiative
- Manager of Marketing & Development Communications, School of Education – $56k-$77k
- Associate Director of Development
- Editorial Assistant supporting the JHU Press – $14-$19/hr
Prince George’s Community College – Assistant Director, Public Relations – $69k-$76k – seeking candidates with experience writing press releases & web news content and a successful record of pitching news & coordinating national and local media coverage.
Fresh opportunities with Booz Allen Hamilton since our early-January check-in:
- Stakeholder Relations & Outreach Consultant
- Senior Strategic Communications Specialist – Secret clearance required
- Strategic Communications Specialist (McLean, Va.) and Strategic Communications Specialist (DC) – Secret clearance required
- Communications Specialist (Alexandria, Va.) and Communications Specialist (Chantilly, Va.) – Secret clearance required
- Digital Interactive Content Designer
- Content Strategist/Creative Content Developer and another one with that title
Washington Regional Transplant Community – Manager, Media Relations & Communications – 5+ years’ experience in media relations, communications, community health and public education or PR required – see also main career page.
Virginia Beach Convention & Visitor Bureau – can also search here, under officials & administrators category
- Director of Public Relations – $68k-$102k – apply by Jan. 30
- Director of Marketing – $68k-$102k – apply by Jan. 30
The American Diabetes Association seeks a Managing Director, Corporate Alliances/Healthcare to define the organization's corporate development strategy & identify new opportunities to grow portfolio engagement to increase revenue including corporate partnerships, commercial co-ventures, social enterprises & sponsorships.
National Conference of State Legislatures – Denver, CO
- Policy Associate, Center for Legislative Strengthening – $48k+ – apply by Jan. 27
- Staff Coordinator, Foundation for State Legislatures – $41k+ – apply by Feb. 3
A mystery DC-based crisis management & public affairs firm seeks Communications Professional – deemed entry-level, but some experience in public affairs, government relations or trade association work would be ideal, as well as graphics/InDesign skills.
World Resources Institute
Director of International Communications – 10+ years of communications experience & exemplary writing skills required; defense industry background a plus