The Internet Association has just passed along this Communications Intern (pdf) opportunity of the paid variety – writing, social media & graphic design experience/skills valued.
Mapbox, a mapping platform for online developers/applications, seeks Editorial & Content Director to join their outpost on the left-hand side of the map (San Francisco, CA, to be precise) – strong writing/editorial chops required; great listeners & patient teachers also valued.
Speaking of the mapping world: the National Fish & Wildlife Federation is actively searching for a Graphic Designer/Cartographer (scroll to find) with a relevant academic background & at least 1 year experience in professional graphic design spanning print & digital, with emphasis on map-making and infographics.
Several fresh opportunities available with the Human Rights Campaign:
- Digital Strategist
- Director of Video
- Video Field Producer
- Video Producer
- Regional Field Organizer, West – can be based in DC office or in Western U.S.
- Associate Director of Alumni Programs, Special Events & Programs – $50k-$53k
- Assistant Director of the War Crimes Research Office – part-time – $35-$37/hr – knowledge of Spanish or French preferred
- Editor for CityLab
- Coordinator, Brand Marketing & Insights – New York
- Data Visualization Fellowship – one year term, starting July 2017 – apply by Jan. 31
- Summer Internship with Quartz – New York, San Francisco, or London
- Head of Press, Politics & Public Affairs – $55k – Houston, TX – apply by Jan. 16
- Secretary to the Management Committee for the Air & Space Interoperability Council – part-time – $22/hr – apply by Jan. 29
New since our late-November check-in with Share Our Strength:
- Manager, Federal Advocacy/Media & Public Affairs
- Senior Manager, Social Media & Digital Engagement
- Communications Coordinator
- Campaign Director, No Kid Hungry – Richmond, Va.
- Development & Events Intern – $500/mo – early Mar. through mid-May 2017
Cancer Support Community
- Manager, Policy & Advocacy (pdf)
- Communications Coordinator (pdf)
- Development Coordinator (pdf)
- Education & Outreach Intern (pdf)
... and finally: DC places 23rd among WalletHub’s recent 2017 Best & Worst Cities for Jobs rankings (20th in what they describe as job market rank). We’d like to think GlassDoor’s 2016 Best Cities for Jobs rankings that have DC in the fifth spot are closer to the truth.
... and finally, part 2: here’s an appreciative shout-out to the Blue Duck Lounge, where we went recently stopped in for a couple excellent cocktails (this is one of the few spots that provides actual tasty little olives in your martini, rather than the rubbery golf-ball-sized ones served at all-too-many places) and an introduction to White Stone oysters, to which we became instantly addicted. Service there is gracious and friendly, as well.
Best wishes for a delightful & super-fine weekend from your favorite™ public affairs jobs resource.